Cant save file with HTML

JohnA

Cant save file with HTML
Using XP machine, I create a text file containing HTML code and save with
extension of .html.
Then can double click and the file opens in IE.
I can then change the file using notepad, save file, refresh the IE page
and see the changes.

Doing the same thing on Vista machine, when trying to save changes, error
message that something is wrong with file name or path.

I need help, thanks.

Urmas

Re: Cant save file with HTML
"JohnA" <jra41@comcast.net> сообщил(а) в новостях
> Using XP machine, I create a text file containing HTML code and save with
> extension of .html.
> Then can double click and the file opens in IE.
> I can then change the file using notepad, save file, refresh the IE page
> and see the changes.
>
> Doing the same thing on Vista machine, when trying to save changes, error
> message that something is wrong with file name or path.

I was unable to reproduce the behaviour you've described. Do you try to save
the same file you've edited in XP? Could you check file permissions?

JohnA

Re: Cant save file with HTML

"Urmas" <Postmaster@localhost> wrote in message
> "JohnA" <jra41@comcast.net> сообщил(а) в новостях
>> Using XP machine, I create a text file containing HTML code and save with
>> extension of .html.
>> Then can double click and the file opens in IE.
>> I can then change the file using notepad, save file, refresh the IE page
>> and see the changes.
>>
>> Doing the same thing on Vista machine, when trying to save changes,
>> error message that something is wrong with file name or path.

> I was unable to reproduce the behaviour you've described. Do you try to
> save the same file you've edited in XP? Could you check file permissions?

Using a vista machine, I create a notepad file (windows 6.0, build 6001,
service pack 1) with this information:
words
Save it as html.html.
Close notepad, double click the file in my documents folder, html.html.
IE 8.0 opens the file and displays correctly "words".
I then open notepad, open file html.html which displays correctly.
I make any change, like just typing the letter m on the same line containing
"words"
Try to save, either with menu or control-S and the error message appears.
"Can not create file html.html, make sure file name and path are correct"
...checking permissions on the newly created file, allow full control is
checked for me as userJohn, system, and administrator.

This is the same thing I do on the XP machine (with different versions of
software IE7).

As a work around I have installed NoteTab and it allows me to have the text
file open with IE and make changes to the text, then refresh IE to see the
changes..