Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525

nisar6788

Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525

Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with recovery partition D from factory for its
recovery to factory conditions.Inorder to safegaurd the recovery
partition having factory image and data, i managed to creat the exact
copy of drive on the external hard drive by Keriver image backup and
restore.In case of any emergency, how can i restore my laptop from the
recovery availiable in external hard drive. By default system restores
to factory settings after pressing F8 at booting.The resource CD of dell
is also availiable to me

--
nisar6788
Malke

Re: Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525
nisar6788 wrote:

> Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with recovery partition D from factory for its
> recovery to factory conditions.Inorder to safegaurd the recovery
> partition having factory image and data, i managed to creat the exact
> copy of drive on the external hard drive by Keriver image backup and
> restore.In case of any emergency, how can i restore my laptop from the
> recovery availiable in external hard drive. By default system restores
> to factory settings after pressing F8 at booting.The resource CD of dell
> is also availiable to me

You can't do it that way. The Dell recovery process expects to find the
recovery image on the D: partition on the hard drive.

What you should do is image your *system*, not the recovery partition, and
store the image on the external hard drive. I'm not familiar with Keriver
Image Backup but assume it is similar to the Acronis True Image I use to do
this.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

nisar6788

Re: Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525

Keriver is as of Acronics True image. image of system created and kept
in external hard drive. However image of recovery D on external hard
drive will be also feasible to restore the same image in Drive D incase
of any damage to recovery partition D.Now i am in fix, does the image
restored in D will work as of Recovery D.Also help me wheather the
function key F8 will work as it functions to factory image D.

nisar6788 wrote:

> Keriver is as of Acronics True image. image of system created and kept
> in external hard drive. However image of recovery D on external hard
> drive will be also feasible to restore the same image in Drive D incase
> of any damage to recovery partition D.Now i am in fix, does the image
> restored in D will work as of Recovery D.Also help me wheather the
> function key F8 will work as it functions to factory image D.

I have no idea if the recovery image you backed up will work if you put it
back on Drive D. Try it and find out or call Dell tech support and ask them.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Bill Daggett

nisar6788 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Keriver is as of Acronics True image. image of system created and kept
>in external hard drive. However image of recovery D on external hard
>drive will be also feasible to restore the same image in Drive D incase
>of any damage to recovery partition D.Now i am in fix, does the image
>restored in D will work as of Recovery D.Also help me wheather the
>function key F8 will work as it functions to factory image D.

I agree with what Malke wrote, and add... why don't you just make an
image of your entire disk, including the recovery partition.

That way, if your hard disk totally fails, you can restore it to where
you were at the time of making the image, rather than taking it all
the way back to the day you first fired the computer up.
krazyl

Re: Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525

Isnt that the laptop with the funky keyboard and u have to hold the
function key to make work like F8???

--
krazyl