Impossible to format BD-RE

grendi

Impossible to format BD-RE
Hello all!!

I have Windows Vista 64 bits ultimate with SP2 installed.
I'm trying to format a BD-RE 25gb (LG) and it does not work, Windows tries
to format and then says "unable to complete the format".
What should I do? Do other brands of BD-RE work?
Thanks

Gz

Bill Daggett

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
"grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote:

> Hello all!!
>
>I have Windows Vista 64 bits ultimate with SP2 installed.
>I'm trying to format a BD-RE 25gb (LG) and it does not work, Windows tries
>to format and then says "unable to complete the format".
>What should I do? Do other brands of BD-RE work?
>Thanks
>
>Gz

I believe that you will need a third-party app to do that. Question:
WHY do you even WANT to do it?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
Windows Vista does not support native burning to any Blu-Ray media. You'd
need a third-party program to accomplish this.

"grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote in
message news:87CCE26D-441C-4879-843C-8AB7F3EA8DAC@microsoft.com...
> Hello all!!
>
> I have Windows Vista 64 bits ultimate with SP2 installed.
> I'm trying to format a BD-RE 25gb (LG) and it does not work, Windows tries
> to format and then says "unable to complete the format".
> What should I do? Do other brands of BD-RE work?
> Thanks
>
> Gz

grendi

> Windows Vista does not support native burning to any Blu-Ray media. You'd
> need a third-party program to accomplish this.

One of the features of Vista SP2 is the ability to record onto blu ray
natively:
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...ck-2-beta.aspx

Bill, you use your comp and medias in a different way, vive la difference,
but still I need to burn onto BD-RE using the packet writting method

So if anyone managed to format a BD-RE please let me know. thanks

Gz

Bill Daggett

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
"grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote:

>Bill, you use your comp and medias in a different way, vive la difference,
>but still I need to burn onto BD-RE using the packet writting method

THAT you DEFINITELY will need third-party software to do.

Definitely.
grendi

"Bill Daggett" <Daggett@wmunny.invalid> wrote in message
> "grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote:
>
>>Bill, you use your comp and medias in a different way, vive la difference,
>>but still I need to burn onto BD-RE using the packet writting method

> THAT you DEFINITELY will need third-party software to do.

Nope, still no. I'm using the packet writting method to write on DVDRW's and
this is native to Windows Vista (even without any service pack). When
Microsft announces SP2 supports blu ray writting, it does not mean there
will be a Microsoft software handling the job, it's just drag and drop
through Windows Explorer, aka "packet writting".
Gz

Richard G. Harper

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
Ah, so it does. Missed that, been running Windows 7 too long. :-)

"grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote in
message news:O6CrWdvEKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> Windows Vista does not support native burning to any Blu-Ray media.
>> You'd need a third-party program to accomplish this.

> One of the features of Vista SP2 is the ability to record onto blu ray
> natively:
> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...ck-2-beta.aspx
>
> Bill, you use your comp and medias in a different way, vive la difference,
> but still I need to burn onto BD-RE using the packet writting method
>
> So if anyone managed to format a BD-RE please let me know. thanks
>
> Gz

grendi

> Ah, so it does. Missed that, been running Windows 7 too long. :-)

Interesting. So, does Windows 7 support packet writting on BD-RE's? I guess
it does, as it is newer than Vista, but I'd like to see it confirmed...
See you soon,
Gz

Badger

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
Grendi,

Doesn't the Blu-Ray disks come already formatted?

Badger

"grendi" <ufoREMOVErobotTHISgrendizerusTO@CONTACTyahoo.MEco m> wrote in
message news:9469535B-C4DA-44D7-9CA7-550EE3393494@microsoft.com...

> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> Ah, so it does. Missed that, been running Windows 7 too long. :-)

> Interesting. So, does Windows 7 support packet writting on BD-RE's? I
> guess it does, as it is newer than Vista, but I'd like to see it
> confirmed...
> See you soon,
> Gz

grendi

Re: Impossible to format BD-RE
> Doesn't the Blu-Ray disks come already formatted?

I'm not sure. Anyway I can't find any way to name the volume so I guees
there is a problem.
Another problem: after my unsuccesful attempt to format the disk, Windows
does not recognize it.
gz