Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files

Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
Is there something useful to do with System error
memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
to delete them?

Robert Miles

Jeff Richards

Re: Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
Unless you are attempting to diagnose the cause of the problem, it is safe
to let disk cleanup delete these files.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
<robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
> Is there something useful to do with System error
> memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
> to delete them?
>
> Robert Miles

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
As Jeff said. *AND* Make a note of the disk space shown for WER logs in the
Disk Cleanup window. See:

Serious Disk Cleanup Problem in Windows caused by Broken Registration - The
Winhelponline Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/se...-registration/

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
Supporting Windows« 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com

"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
> Unless you are attempting to diagnose the cause of the problem, it is safe
> to let disk cleanup delete these files.
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> Is there something useful to do with System error
>> memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
>> to delete them?
>>
>> Robert Miles

Looks like I deleted then too soon - after I deleted them, a function
for sending error reports to Microsoft was unable to send error
reports for some recent problems in a search function because it
couldn't find the appropriate files.

I couldn't diagnose the cause of the problem myself, but would
like to have Microsoft do it for me.

Robert Miles

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" <ramesh@unknownhost> wrote in message
> As Jeff said. *AND* Make a note of the disk space shown for WER logs in
> the Disk Cleanup window. See:
>
> Serious Disk Cleanup Problem in Windows caused by Broken Registration -
> The Winhelponline Blog:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/se...-registration/
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
> Supporting Windows« 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> Is there something useful to do with System error
>> memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
>> to delete them?
>>
>> Robert Miles

What are WER logs? I don't remember even seeing them mentioned
in my Disk Cleanup window.

Robert Miles

Hank Arnold

Re: Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net wrote:
> "Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
>> Unless you are attempting to diagnose the cause of the problem, it is safe
>> to let disk cleanup delete these files.
>> --
>> Jeff Richards
>> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
>> <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there something useful to do with System error
>>> memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
>>> to delete them?
>>>
>>> Robert Miles
>>>

> Looks like I deleted then too soon - after I deleted them, a function
> for sending error reports to Microsoft was unable to send error
> reports for some recent problems in a search function because it
> couldn't find the appropriate files.
>
> I couldn't diagnose the cause of the problem myself, but would
> like to have Microsoft do it for me.
>
> Robert Miles

It's unlikely in the extreme that MS will do anything with your
information other than add it to a database/knowledge base.

What are the problems you are having> Perhaps someone here can help?

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
WER = Windows Error Reporting

> snip <
> Looks like I deleted then too soon - after I deleted them, a function
> for sending error reports to Microsoft was unable to send error
> reports for some recent problems in a search function because it
> couldn't find the appropriate files.
>
> I couldn't diagnose the cause of the problem myself, but would
> like to have Microsoft do it for me.
>
> Robert Miles

That's not worth worrying about. If the problem is one that MS is likely to
look at, then it's going to happen again. You can delete these error reports
(if they aren't already gone) in Control Panel \ System & Maintenance \
Problem Reports & Solutions \ See Problems to Check. Right-click and choose
Delete.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

markian123 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1526801
"Jeff Richards" <JRichards@msn.com.au> wrote in message
> Unless you are attempting to diagnose the cause of the problem, it is safe
> to let disk cleanup delete these files.
> --
> Jeff Richards
> MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
> <robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> Is there something useful to do with System error
>> memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup
>> to delete them?
>>
>> Robert Miles

Looks like I deleted them too soon - after I deleted them, a function
for sending error reports to Microsoft was unable to send error
"Black" cleanup disks reports for some recent problems in a search function because it couldn't find the appropriate files.

I couldn't diagnose the cause of the problem myself, but would
like to have Microsoft do it for me.

Robert Miles
Does Microsoft really give us reply for this?