Converting wps (large) file to Word or PDF.

Johnny B. Safe

Converting wps (large) file to Word or PDF.
I have only just got Office 2007 with WORD. And until now have been using
WORKS. Most of my old wps files will easily convert to WORD / DOC. But I have
got about 8 files which will not. I thin k its because they are too big and
when I try to open them in word it crashes. Where as the smaller files do so
and then I save them as the DOC file. These files arevery large becasue they
contain about a hudred or more pages which each page contains a scanned jpeg
file. they are aroud 100,000 KB. It was the only way for me at the time to
have these. And it would take ages to redo them maually for word or to save
as PDF which I can now do. When I try and paste to copy in WORD again it just
crashes Too large.

Does anyone know how I can convert these files? Without crahing the Program.
Ive even tried pasting just a few pages but it just doesnt seem to wanrt to
do it. Thank you for any useful reply.
LVTravel

Re: Converting wps (large) file to Word or PDF.

"Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have only just got Office 2007 with WORD. And until now have been using
> WORKS. Most of my old wps files will easily convert to WORD / DOC. But I
> have
> got about 8 files which will not. I thin k its because they are too big
> and
> when I try to open them in word it crashes. Where as the smaller files do
> so
> and then I save them as the DOC file. These files arevery large becasue
> they
> contain about a hudred or more pages which each page contains a scanned
> jpeg
> file. they are aroud 100,000 KB. It was the only way for me at the time to
> have these. And it would take ages to redo them maually for word or to
> save
> as PDF which I can now do. When I try and paste to copy in WORD again it
> just
> crashes Too large.
>
> Does anyone know how I can convert these files? Without crahing the
> Program.
> Ive even tried pasting just a few pages but it just doesnt seem to wanrt
> do it. Thank you for any useful reply.

If you still have Works installed, open the large file in Works and split
the file into two or more different files at some logical point. See if
they will open in Word. To split the file open in Works, delete the last
part, save under new name. Reload the original file and delete the first
part up to the place you deleted the last part and save.

Once in Word and working you may need to recreate the page numbering on the
second or last section if the original had page numbering since the last
parts will now start at page 1.

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have only just got Office 2007 with WORD. And until now have been using
>> WORKS. Most of my old wps files will easily convert to WORD / DOC. But I
>> have
>> got about 8 files which will not. I thin k its because they are too big
>> and
>> when I try to open them in word it crashes. Where as the smaller files do
>> so
>> and then I save them as the DOC file. These files arevery large becasue
>> they
>> contain about a hudred or more pages which each page contains a scanned
>> jpeg
>> file. they are aroud 100,000 KB. It was the only way for me at the time
>> have these. And it would take ages to redo them maually for word or to
>> save
>> as PDF which I can now do. When I try and paste to copy in WORD again it
>> just
>> crashes Too large.
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can convert these files? Without crahing the
>> Program.
>> Ive even tried pasting just a few pages but it just doesnt seem to wanrt
>> do it. Thank you for any useful reply.

> If you still have Works installed, open the large file in Works and split
> the file into two or more different files at some logical point. See if
> they will open in Word. To split the file open in Works, delete the last
> part, save under new name. Reload the original file and delete the first
> part up to the place you deleted the last part and save UNDER A NEW
> NAME......
>
> Once in Word and working you may need to recreate the page numbering on
> the second or last section if the original had page numbering since the
> last parts will now start at page 1.

.......PLEASE NOTE THE CORRECTION TO MY FIRST POST........

Also you may try to do a File SaveAs in Works and choose the RTF format or
the DOC format. Don't know if that will help reading the files in Word.

Johnny B. Safe

Re: Converting wps (large) file to Word or PDF.
Thanks. You know its an obvious one but one I hadnt thought of. Thanks again.
I will try it. But I have had problems opening smaller ones I think its
because its of JPEG scanned documents and not just pages done in the word
processor. But I will try another shot. Worse come to worse I will have to
redo all of them and save to PDF aswell. But I dont wnt to do that. Time and
it took ages to do it before. We will see

Johnny