Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers

inthedogbox

Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers

I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download
something, currently have about 500 files in this folder.

The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to
what i want.

If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes
accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date
archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.

I would like the order to be when the file is downloaded, so if 1 thing
is downloaded everyday, then i would like it to be arranged according to
this date.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

--
inthedogbox
Badger

Re: Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers
Click the SENT box to see the up or down arrow.

"inthedogbox" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download
> something, currently have about 500 files in this folder.
>
> The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to
> what i want.
>
> If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes
> accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date
> archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
>
> I would like the order to be when the file is downloaded, so if 1 thing
> is downloaded everyday, then i would like it to be arranged according to
> this date.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> inthedogbox

Badger

Re: Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers
Sorry, I was thinking of the E-Mail window.

"Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message
> Click the SENT box to see the up or down arrow.
>
> "inthedogbox" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download
>> something, currently have about 500 files in this folder.
>>
>> The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to
>> what i want.
>>
>> If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes
>> accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date
>> archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
>>
>> I would like the order to be when the file is downloaded, so if 1 thing
>> is downloaded everyday, then i would like it to be arranged according to
>> this date.
>>
>> Any suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> inthedogbox

Bob

Re: Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers
Add the "Date" column.

"inthedogbox" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download
> something, currently have about 500 files in this folder.
>
> The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to
> what i want.
>
> If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes
> accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date
> archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
>
> I would like the order to be when the file is downloaded, so if 1 thing
> is downloaded everyday, then i would like it to be arranged according to
> this date.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> inthedogbox

Jeff Richards

Re: Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers
How are you changing the sort order? Can you see the dates listed in their
column, and have you confirmed that the dates for the files are different?
If not, change the view to Details and try again. Does the little arrow
appear on the column header to indicate the column that the files are being
sorted by, and does the arrow change when you change the sort order? Are
the files grouped or stacked?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"inthedogbox" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download
> something, currently have about 500 files in this folder.
>
> The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to
> what i want.
>
> If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes
> accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date
> archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
>
> I would like the order to be when the file is downloaded, so if 1 thing
> is downloaded everyday, then i would like it to be arranged according to
> this date.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> inthedogbox

inthedogbox

Re: Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers

Bob suggested adding the 'date' column, seems as though this has
worked.

Thanks Bob.

--
inthedogbox