Duplicate "Documents" Folders

knmcnulty

Duplicate "Documents" Folders

Hi everyone!
I've had my laptop for a few months, and somewhere along the way I've
managed to wind up with multiple Documents folders. I've got two that
are identical, and one inside of another one--if that makes sense. I've
tried deleting, incorporating them all into one--they always sprout
their evil heads back in place. I'm really at a loss for words to
describe this little annoyance at this point, so here's some screen
captures to show:
[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/ss1.jpg] This one
shows the two Doc folders...

[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/doc1.jpg] What is
inside of the 1st Doc folder...

[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/doc2.jpg] What is inside
the 2nd Doc folder...

And then the Doc folder that is inside of the 2nd has the same content
from the 1st.

Like I said, this is mildly annoying if nothing else. I probably did it
one way or another, but I'd be very appreciative if somebody could help
me undo it!
Thanks!
Kristin

--
knmcnulty
Brink

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

Hello Kristan,

Backup the contents of the Documents folder to another location, then
using OPTION THREE in the tutorial below, double check to make sure that
the Documents (Personal in registry) is set with the default location.
Afterwards, delete all of the Documents folders and restart the
computer. It may take a couple of restarts, but it should be restore
back to default. When everything checks out, you can copy the backup
files back into the Documents folder.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ng-folder.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
knmcnulty

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

Awesome possum! That worked like a charm! Now I can continue not using
the one Documents folder as little as possible without being annoyed
about there being three of them! Thanks!

--
knmcnulty
Brink

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

You're welcome.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
anh

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

I also had duplicate Documents folders. I tried method three, but the
folder never re-appeared, no matter how many times I restarted. So I
restored the folder from the Recycle bin (I had a copy on a USB stick
too) and then used method two, to restore the default location. That
seemed to work, as the duplicate folders have not reappeared since.

But method three did work in restoring the Pictures folder, although I
had to restart twice.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
Brink

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

Anh,

I happy to hear that you still got it sorted despite having a bit of
trouble doing so.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
'*::The Chrome OS Forums::*'
(http://www.thechromeosforums.com/index.php)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Elizabeth Wegener

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders
I understand about the documents folders. I have a long distance
network/tech advisor. I like to try to figure out the folders on my own. It
is dangerous, but fun learning.
"knmcnulty" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Awesome possum! That worked like a charm! Now I can continue not using
> the one Documents folder as little as possible without being annoyed
> about there being three of them! Thanks!
>

> --
> knmcnulty

Elizabeth Wegener

Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders
I believe that sorting is usually a quandry.