Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!

Léon Dìgnon

Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!
Fine! This buggs me since Vista was released and it even points back to XP.
It is really easy to understand: I open the explorer and browse to C:. I set
up my columns as I need them. In particular this is:
Name, Filesize, Filetype and Date.

I want that to be the default setting for EVERY folder, regardless wheter it
is an old one, or I create a new one. I just want EVERY folder to show MY
chosen columns.

How can I do this in a permanent way?

Thanks in advance!

kword88

Re: Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!

control panel - folder options - "view" tab.

--
kword88
Aaron

Re: Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!
Léon Dìgnon wrote:
> Fine! This buggs me since Vista was released and it even points back to
> XP. It is really easy to understand: I open the explorer and browse to
> C:. I set up my columns as I need them. In particular this is:
> Name, Filesize, Filetype and Date.
>
> I want that to be the default setting for EVERY folder, regardless
> wheter it is an old one, or I create a new one. I just want EVERY folder
> to show MY chosen columns.
>
> How can I do this in a permanent way?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Open Windows Explorer

Set up a folder the way you want it

If you do not have the Menu Bar (File Edit View Tools Help)
Then Click on Organize > Layout > Menu Bar to turn it on.

Click on Tools > Folder Options... > View tab

Click the "Apply to Folders" button.

It will ask "Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder's
view settings?" There is a bit of a catch in the part 'of this type'. It
seems to me that Vista typecasts folders based on contents, so the
settings for a 'data' folder may not carry over to a 'picture' folder,
in my experience.

Aaron
Léon Dignòn

Re: Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!
This is exactly the thing that bugs me! I did it this way, but it does not
work for all folders and I really do not want to set up dozens of folder
types!