How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

neelu9

How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

Hi,
I have deleted all the files in the recently changed folder which is in
searches link on the left hand side of my laptop.I deleted them from
recyclebin also.
After that i have deleted everywhere folder in the searches but i
restored it again.
now i didnt find any recent pictures and recent updates.the folders
remain but the content is deleted.I want to restore them.
the favourite links are also empty.i need my system as before.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Neelu...

--
neelu9
Retroman

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:07:23 -0500, neelu9 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:
>I have deleted all the files in the recently changed folder which is in
>searches link on the left hand side of my laptop.I deleted them from
>recyclebin also.
>After that i have deleted everywhere folder in the searches but i
>restored it again.
>now i didnt find any recent pictures and recent updates.the folders
>remain but the content is deleted.I want to restore them.
>the favourite links are also empty.i need my system as before.

Neelu,

The deletions probably exceeded the limited capacity of the recycle bin,
which would explain why restoration was incomplete.

I would stop using the PC immediately to avoid overwriting what's left.
Then I would take the PC (or just the hard drive) to a spe******t in file
recovery. After that, you may need to reinstall your applications. I
say that because you have no way of knowing exactly which of their files
were deleted.

I can't imagine what you were trying to accomplish by deleting the
"everywhere" results. And please, from now on, make backups of all your
pictures and documents!

Doug M. in NJ
pacinitaly

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

try this pic attached.
also, right click an empty area of the left side of explorer and choose
restore default favorites links

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13880|

pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt
neelu9

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

Thank you so much.
Could you please tell me how to get back my recent pictures and recent
updates?
They are very much important.even my dell support tools are not working
properly.

--
neelu9
neelu9

pacinitaly;1078833 Wrote:
> try this pic attached.
> also, right click an empty area of the left side of explorer and choose
> restore default favorites links

Thank you so much.
Could you please tell me how to get back my recent pictures and recent
updates?
They are very much important.even my dell support tools are not working
properly

--
neelu9
pacinitaly

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

the attached is from Shawn's tutorial

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...nks-empty.html

|Filename: Restore_Favorite_Links.reg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13889|

Retroman;4489711 Wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:07:23 -0500, neelu9 <guest@unknown-email.com>
> wrote:
> >I have deleted all the files in the recently changed folder which is

> in
> >searches link on the left hand side of my laptop.I deleted them from
> >recyclebin also.
> >After that i have deleted everywhere folder in the searches but i
> >restored it again.
> >now i didnt find any recent pictures and recent updates.the folders
> >remain but the content is deleted.I want to restore them.
> >the favourite links are also empty.i need my system as before.

> Neelu,
>
> The deletions probably exceeded the limited capacity of the recycle
> bin,
> which would explain why restoration was incomplete.
>
> I would stop using the PC immediately to avoid overwriting what's
> left.
> Then I would take the PC (or just the hard drive) to a spe******t in
> file
> recovery. After that, you may need to reinstall your applications.
> say that because you have no way of knowing exactly which of their
> files
> were deleted.
>
> I can't imagine what you were trying to accomplish by deleting the
> "everywhere" results. And please, from now on, make backups of all
> your
> pictures and documents!
>
> Doug M. in NJ

Hi Retroman,
Actually i thought there are so many files in recently changed folder
which utilizes so much disk space.so i deleted them and even deleted
from recycle bin.i dont know if i delete that folder the actual file
will get deleted.I thought in the same manner for everywhere search
also.At that time i recognized the actual files are deleted.so again i
restored it.Now i need my laptop as before.i need my recent files even.
Please help me out.

--
neelu9
neelu9's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110002.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Retroman

Re: Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 23:59:05 +0530, neelu9 <neelu9.3untfa@DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:

>Retroman;4489711 Wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:07:23 -0500, neelu9 <guest@unknown-email.com>
>> wrote:
>> >I have deleted all the files in the recently changed folder which is

>> in
>> >searches link on the left hand side of my laptop.I deleted them from
>> >recyclebin also.
>> >After that i have deleted everywhere folder in the searches but i
>> >restored it again.
>> >now i didnt find any recent pictures and recent updates.the folders
>> >remain but the content is deleted.I want to restore them.
>> >the favourite links are also empty.i need my system as before.

>> Neelu,
>>
>> The deletions probably exceeded the limited capacity of the recycle
>> bin,
>> which would explain why restoration was incomplete.
>>
>> I would stop using the PC immediately to avoid overwriting what's
>> left.
>> Then I would take the PC (or just the hard drive) to a spe******t in
>> file
>> recovery. After that, you may need to reinstall your applications.
>> say that because you have no way of knowing exactly which of their
>> files
>> were deleted.
>>
>> I can't imagine what you were trying to accomplish by deleting the
>> "everywhere" results. And please, from now on, make backups of all
>> your
>> pictures and documents!
>>
>> Doug M. in NJ

>Hi Retroman,
>Actually i thought there are so many files in recently changed folder
>which utilizes so much disk space.so i deleted them and even deleted
>from recycle bin.i dont know if i delete that folder the actual file
>will get deleted.I thought in the same manner for everywhere search
>also.At that time i recognized the actual files are deleted.so again i
>restored it.Now i need my laptop as before.i need my recent files even.
>Please help me out.

Neelu
I've already suggested what I think you should do to recover your
documents and pictures: your best bet is to send the laptop to a firm that
specializes in file recovery. Do nothing on the laptop before that! You
can find such firms on Google (but use someone else's PC). The
alternative is to purchase recovery software and try to recover your files
yourself, but unless you know what you are doing, the results are unlikely
to be good. You will be better off using a professional who does file
recovery every day.

After that, if your user folders still have problems, you could create a
new user profile for yourself and then copy the remaining documents and
pictures (and any recovered ones) to the new profile. Then you could
delete the old profile.

Good luck,

Doug M. in NJ
Richard Urban

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them
Retroman already told you what you should do.

It looks like you lack experience (not a bad thing - we were all there once)
to do what is necessary.

Send the drive to Drive Savers (or some similar service organization) for
file recovery or consider them likely as lost.

Next time ask before you do, not after when you have already damaged your
system.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"neelu9" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Thank you so much.
> Could you please tell me how to get back my recent pictures and recent
> updates?
> They are very much important.even my dell support tools are not working
> properly.
>

> --
> neelu9

whs

Re: How to get the links int the left hand side of the screen after deleting them

If you still have restore points (shadows) from before you deleted the
stuff, you can try the way I describe here: 'Tutorial: Recover lost
files with Shadow Explorer « How-To Geek Forums'
(http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic...orer?replies=6)

--
whs