Programs still installed when partition was deleted

plus300

Programs still installed when partition was deleted

Hi, my laptop came partitioned with C(30GB)and D(190GB) and the C: has
been sitting at 88-90% full for a long time. Recently when I upgraded to
SP2, it told me that it needs at least 15% free for installation; so I
deleted all I can to make room(removed updates, messenger, office,
etc)...finally able to get to the 15% needed, successfully switching to
SP2. But the problem came after the upgrade, as I now only have about 9%
free and it gave me errors. So i searched around to see if I can expand
my C:, and found that the only way is to delete my D: partition first
and then extend my C:. So I did that and it worked perfectly. But I had
not remove/uninstall the programs installed on my D: before deleting the
partition. ( firefox, Comodo firewall, Avira antivirus was on D: and I
wasn't able to re-install them after wards. I was able to install
firefox after many attempts (had something to do with 7-zip). But when
it came to Comodo and Avira, I'm having trouble... windows security
still detects them as "ON" even though they have been wiped (not on
add/remove programs and nothing is in D) I also noticed that firefox
re-installed with all the add-ons I had previously, so now I am sure
that there is something in the C: ( maybe registry ) that is causing
this. But as I am no pro, I don't want to kill my computer. So, please
can someone help me on this...how can I remove a program completely when
the drive it was installed on is deleted. Help appreciated.

--
plus300
vistadrone1

Re: Programs still installed when partition was deleted

Hello,
might want to look in c and look under users, program files, desktop,
downloads ect.. delete any that you recognize as already deleted,
cleaning up remnants on c.

Vistadrone1

--
vistadrone1

jaman2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Programs still installed when partition was deleted
Hi,

I've lost an entire partition with all my very important data on it.

I have two physical hard drives. One has Windows (80GB) and the other had my files (320GB - just on one volume, no partitioning).

I'm a Fedora fan, so downloaded the F11 Live CD and decided to install. I wanted to install it side by side with my files on the 320GB.

However I'm so accustomed to installing Fedora on new hard drives and VM's that I accidentally selected "Remove all partitions". It formatted and installed, and I used Fedora for about 10 hours total, downloading about a GB of data.

Then I realized what I had done, when I was ready to access some of the data I had on the 320GB. Booting into Windows I realized (through disk management) that the partition was gone; in fact only the /boot and main / file systems were there.

Based on the fact that I deleted the partition, formatted the disk and installed Fedora 11, would I be able to recover my data using disk recovery software? What should I use? I have good Linux and Windows experience, but I don't want to lose much data on trial and error.
****stars Fulltiltpoker.com Review