Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".

mrmanfam

Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I had the sample video "butterfly.wav"
as my desktop wallpaper.

While surfing the net, I came upon a site with a jingle. From that
point on, the sounds of the video wallpaper INCLUDED the jingle! System
restore did not help. All my virus and malware checkers find nothing.

I figure I'll delete my file and install a new one. Vista came
installed so I don't have disks.

How can I get a copy of the file?

--
mrmanfam
mrmanfam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107452.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dave

Re: Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".
You can't have an audio file (.wav) as a background.
Nor a video, as active desktop was removed in Vista.

So what do you mean?

--
Windows 7 RC
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"mrmanfam" <mrmanfam.3u3dbb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I had the sample video "butterfly.wav"
> as my desktop wallpaper.
>
> While surfing the net, I came upon a site with a jingle. From that
> point on, the sounds of the video wallpaper INCLUDED the jingle! System
> restore did not help. All my virus and malware checkers find nothing.
>
> I figure I'll delete my file and install a new one. Vista came
> installed so I don't have disks.
>
> How can I get a copy of the file?
>

> --
> mrmanfam
> mrmanfam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107452.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1200973.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

mrmanfam

Re: Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".

Actually, the file was "butterfly.WMV". Someone brought it to my
attention.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and CAN use video with sound as my
desktop.

I now have a new copy of the file and STILL the background jingle
plays!??

I tried opening it with RealPlayer instead of WMP, and STILL have the
jingle. Any ideas??

--
mrmanfam
mrmanfam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107452.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1200973.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dave

Re: Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".
Ah, so you're probably running DreamScene. Can't help you with that.

--

"mrmanfam" <mrmanfam.3u4u3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Actually, the file was "butterfly.WMV". Someone brought it to my
> attention.
>
> I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and CAN use video with sound as my
> desktop.
>
> I now have a new copy of the file and STILL the background jingle
> plays!??
>
> I tried opening it with RealPlayer instead of WMP, and STILL have the
> jingle. Any ideas??
>

> --
> mrmanfam
> mrmanfam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107452.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1200973.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Richard Urban

Re: Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".
The audio is embedded within the .wmv file. Just turn down your volume. Can
you watch any movie without the sound. Of course not - unless you turn down
the volume.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"mrmanfam" <mrmanfam.3u4u3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Actually, the file was "butterfly.WMV". Someone brought it to my
> attention.
>
> I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and CAN use video with sound as my
> desktop.
>
> I now have a new copy of the file and STILL the background jingle
> plays!??
>
> I tried opening it with RealPlayer instead of WMP, and STILL have the
> jingle. Any ideas??
>

> --
> mrmanfam
> mrmanfam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107452.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1200973.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

mrmanfam

Re: Need new copy of "butterfly.wav".

Thanks.

What actually happened was that I thought I picked up the guitar music
from a website because of a virus. I didn't remember hearing it playing
prior to the day I went to the site, so I thought I got the music FROM
the site. And I couldn't get rid of it.

--
mrmanfam