Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive

Gudziel

Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive

Can anyone help me with a post I made in the General Discussion forum
please? I've never encrypted files before, so I am unsure of the best
way of doing so.

I want to use a jump drive between my work PC (xp) and my home PC
(vista64).

Any help and suggestions would be greatful! Thank you in advance.

Here is the link to my other thread in General Discussion...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...g-dummies.html

--
Gudziel
Manny Weisbord

Re: Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive
Gudziel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Can anyone help me with a post I made in the General Discussion forum
>please? I've never encrypted files before, so I am unsure of the best
>way of doing so.

Why are you starting a completely new thread when your first was quite
adequate?
Gudziel

Manny Weisbord;1069265 Wrote:
> Gudziel <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > >Can anyone help me with a post I made in the General Discussion forum
> > >please? I've never encrypted files before, so I am unsure of the best
> > >way of doing so. > >

> Why are you starting a completely new thread when your first was
> quite
> adequate?

First instinct was to go to General Discussion. After getting a couple
of responses, realized that it actually should have went into the
security forum instead. I placed it in here because I felt my question
would have a better chance to hit people who specialize in computer
security and it would be seen more by those people. Instead of a
GENERAL forum where anything about everything is posted and I am hitting
a more broad audience.

Sufficient reason enough to please you? Didn't think it would suck up
all of the forum's resources nor would be a problem.

--
Gudziel
Manny Weisbord

Re: Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive
Gudziel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Manny Weisbord;1069265 Wrote:

>> Why are you starting a completely new thread when your first was
>> quite
>> adequate?

>First instinct was to go to General Discussion. After getting a couple
>of responses, realized that it actually should have went into the
>security forum instead. I placed it in here because I felt my question
>would have a better chance to hit people who specialize in computer
>security and it would be seen more by those people. Instead of a
>GENERAL forum where anything about everything is posted and I am hitting
>a more broad audience.
>
>Sufficient reason enough to please you? Didn't think it would suck up
>all of the forum's resources nor would be a problem.

Next time, take some additional time before posting and consider
crossposting your message to multiple groups at once.

That way, all replies to any group will be visible/trackable.
Gudziel

Manny Weisbord;1069473 Wrote:
> Gudziel <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:

> > >First instinct was to go to General Discussion. After getting a

> > couple
> > >of responses, realized that it actually should have went into the
> > >security forum instead. I placed it in here because I felt my

> > question
> > >would have a better chance to hit people who specialize in

> > computer
> > >security and it would be seen more by those people. Instead of a
> > >GENERAL forum where anything about everything is posted and I am

> > hitting
> > >a more broad audience.
> > >
> > >Sufficient reason enough to please you? Didn't think it would suck

> > up
> > >all of the forum's resources nor would be a problem. > >

> Next time, take some additional time before posting and consider
> crossposting your message to multiple groups at once.
>
> That way, all replies to any group will be visible/trackable.

What's the difference? Whether I "take additional time before posting
and consider crossposting" or go to another thread that would be more
suitable and post the link to the original?

Your *trolling* as a _guest_ has in no way helped me in any way, shape
or form. So unless you would like to answer my post in some way other
than giving me a hard time, please move on and just let this topic be.

Otherwise, if you wish to offer some helpful information towards my
topic of encryption, I would be more than glad to hear it.

--
Gudziel
Manny Weisbord

Re: Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive
Gudziel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Manny Weisbord;1069473 Wrote:

>> > couple
>> > question
>> > computer
>> > hitting

>> > up

>> Next time, take some additional time before posting and consider
>> crossposting your message to multiple groups at once.
>>
>> That way, all replies to any group will be visible/trackable.

>What's the difference? Whether I "take additional time before posting
>and consider crossposting" or go to another thread that would be more
>suitable and post the link to the original?
>
>Your *trolling* as a _guest_ has in no way helped me in any way, shape
>or form. So unless you would like to answer my post in some way other
>than giving me a hard time, please move on and just let this topic be.

You moron... you are using a gateway to Usenet that scarfs its
messages from MS servers to make itself look viable. ALL people you
see that are a "guest" are posting from the outside.

>Otherwise, if you wish to offer some helpful information towards my
>topic of encryption, I would be more than glad to hear it.

Bite me.
Gudziel

Re: Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive

Wow.... smartest thing I think Mr. Weisbord has said during this thread.
Thank you!

--
Gudziel
Gudziel

Manny Weisbord;1069522 Wrote:
> wrote:
> You moron... you are using a gateway to Usenet that scarfs its
> messages from MS servers to make itself look viable. ALL people you
> see that are a "guest" are posting from the outside.

Now you see why I brought this topic to this forum, dummy??? Because I
would have hit more people who know about security than from the regular
forums in vistax64. Thanks for playing my game.... now move along.

--
Gudziel
Jeff Richards

Re: Help with Encrypting Files onto a Flash Drive
But the way you did it (by referring to the original thread rather than
stating what the issue was) makes it appear that the only purpose in posting
was to attract people to the scarfing site. That's why it's unlikely you
will get a response.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)