Deleteing temporary internet files from computer

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycmk=?=

Deleteing temporary internet files from computer
Hi:
I recently purchased a new computer with windows vista Internet Explorer 7,
also use aol powered by vista and mozilla, I cannot find out where to
manually delete the history and cookies and content !E% from my computer I
have typed in the search box every possible mixture of words and I cannot get
the history or content IE5 to come up. I know that the programs are suppose
to delete this items but They are piling up and I want to be able to manually
delete them. I called my computer manufacture for help and they told me that
i had to contact microsft for this. Can anyone please help? I should also
tell you that I have windows basic and am running a 32-bit.
--
Terri
Les

Re: Deleteing temporary internet files from computer
"Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I recently purchased a new computer with windows vista Internet Explorer
> 7,
> also use aol powered by vista and mozilla, I cannot find out where to
> manually delete the history and cookies and content !E% from my computer I
> have typed in the search box every possible mixture of words and I cannot
> get
> the history or content IE5 to come up. I know that the programs are
> suppose
> to delete this items but They are piling up and I want to be able to
> manually
> delete them. I called my computer manufacture for help and they told me
> that
> i had to contact microsft for this. Can anyone please help? I should also
> tell you that I have windows basic and am running a 32-bit.
> --
> Terri

Have you tried using the Internet Options from the Control Panel? The
Browsing History->Delete might be what you need.

--
regards,
Les Hay, Livingston, Scotland

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000734-1, 17/04/2007
Tested on: 18/04/2007 13:48:35

Dave Johnson [MSFT]

Re: Deleteing temporary internet files from computer
Terri,

You can easily delete your browsing history, cookies, and other Internet
data. Here are some help topics that explain exactly where to go in order to
do that:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fd4a01033.mspx

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6b00c1033.mspx

I hope that helps!

--
Dave Johnson
Windows User Assistance team

R. C. White, MVP

Re: Deleteing temporary internet files from computer
Hi, Terri.

There are several hard or clumsy ways to do what you want. But the easy way
is simply to start IE and then click Tools | Internet Options. On the first
(General) tab is the Browsing history section with Delete and Settings
buttons.

While you have Internet Options open, you might want to click the Advanced
tab, then scroll way down to the Security heading and check the box to
"Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed". With
broadband, especially, we can re-download fresh contents from the 'Net as
quickly as we can retrieve possibly-stale contents from our cache, anyhow.

This Internet Options page has not changed much from IE6. But IE7 hides the
Menu Bar by default. If you don't see the Tools button, press Alt to turn
on the Menu Bar temporarily. Right-click on the Address Bar for the option
to turn it on permanently.

I don't use either AOL or Mozilla, so I don't know how they may affect this.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I recently purchased a new computer with windows vista Internet Explorer
> 7,
> also use aol powered by vista and mozilla, I cannot find out where to
> manually delete the history and cookies and content !E% from my computer I
> have typed in the search box every possible mixture of words and I cannot
> get
> the history or content IE5 to come up. I know that the programs are
> suppose
> to delete this items but They are piling up and I want to be able to
> manually
> delete them. I called my computer manufacture for help and they told me
> that
> i had to contact microsft for this. Can anyone please help? I should also
> tell you that I have windows basic and am running a 32-bit.
> --
> Terri

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

RE: Deleteing temporary internet files from computer
Hello Terri,

Vista.- Start - Run - type

%temp%

or