Unknown contents in 'my computer'

caseyckc

Unknown contents in 'my computer'

hey
i cant figure out what has happened but now i have what is in the
-User- folder like videos,music,pictures and stuff it is now visible
when i open the my computer screen. do you know why? thanks

p.s i have tweakvi(free) and also tuneup2009 installed
not sure if they matter but they do edit the system

--
caseyckc
Brink

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

caseyckc;1065076 Wrote:
> hey
> i cant figure out what has happened but now i have what is in the
> -User- folder like videos,music,pictures and stuff it is now visible
> when i open the my computer screen. do you know why? thanks
>

> p.s i have tweakvi(free) and also tuneup2009 installed
> not sure if they matter but they do edit the system

Hello Casey,

Double check with OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to see if your
user folders have the default location set to them in the registry.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ng-folder.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
caseyckc

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

hey did that and there still there. hovering over the file seen in the
'my computer' they look like exact replica's of the files seen C:/Users.
i tested this by making a new folder while in my computer:
-- My Computer --
-Contacts
-Contacts
-Desktop
-Desktop
-New Folder <--
-New Folder <--
and so forth..
when i deleted it they both disappeared off where the left viewing
panel is:
there not shortcuts either
i have a screenshot of 'my computer' to give you a better
understanding.

|Filename: My Computer.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13486|

caseyckc
Brink

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

Strange. As a test, create a new administrator account to see if it does
not have this in it. If not, then you can copy the contents of your old
user account's "C:\Users\Casey" folders into the corresponding new
account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" folders to keep you settings. After
everything checks out ok, you can then delete the old account from
within the new one.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
caseyckc

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

seeming that its late ill get back to you tomorrow as i have school
also

p.s keep in my mind that tweakvi and tuneup2009 (can configure alot of
vista) i found the change around about when i installed these programs
roughly

--
caseyckc
caseyckc

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

i created the extra account with privileges and basically found the
same thing still seeing files in my computer.

--
caseyckc
Brink

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

Try a '*_System_Restore_*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/89...-shortcut.html)
with a restore point dated before you had this problem to see if it may
be able to fix it for you.

If not, then back up anything that you do not want to lose in these
folders, and delete them all from the *Computer* and *C:\Users\Casey*
locations. Next, double check again with OPTION THREE in the tutorial
below to see if your user folders have the default location set to them
in the registry, and restart the computer.

'Personal User Folder - Restore Missing Folder'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ng-folder.html)

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
caseyckc

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

i fixed it. i must of clicked an option in tweakvi and now the only
thing there is the hardrive(what should be there) in my computer thanks
for the help

--
caseyckc
Brink

Re: Unknown contents in 'my computer'

I'm happy to hear that you got it sorted Casey. That's some option.