Global Settings

Laurence

Global Settings

Everytime I open a window I want it to open with a defined (large) size
as it is most inefficient to keep resizing windows, column sizes, column
type (details) and their relative position.

I allways want "Size All Columns to Fit" and have them in the same
order, with the same column details, and ordered with respect to Date
Modified or Name.

Also, I always want the files Views to be set to Details and I always
want the detailed veiw to be the same and include the following:
Name
Date Modified
Type
Full directory structure
File Size
Attributes or Properties (read, write, etc.)

If someone can tell me how to set these as global settings it will
reduce much waisted time. Thanks.

--
Laurence
Laurence

Re: Global Settings

Can none of these (administrative) settings be done in Vista?

Thanks.

--
Laurence
pacinitaly

Re: Global Settings

hope this helps, it worked for me

*_backup_you_registry_first_*
*__*
go to this location in your registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\LocalSettings\S oftware\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

create binary value named BagMRU Size if not already there.
make the value 20000 in decimal format

go to expolorer; set it up the way you want, then

HOLD DOWN SHIFT AND CLOSE WINDOW

_shut_down_ -not reboot!!!

turn back on after a few seconds

ps have also looked at athe attached pic

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13225|

pacinitaly

ASCII stupid question, Get A Stupid ANSI
Laurence

Re: Global Settings

pacinitaly;1056510 Wrote:
> hope this helps, it worked for me
>
> _BACKUP_YOU_REGISTRY_FIRST_
> go to this location in your registry
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\LocalSettings\S oftware\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
>

> create binary value named BagMRU Size if not already there.
> make the value 20000 in decimal format
>
> go to expolorer; set it up the way you want, then
>
> HOLD DOWN SHIFT AND CLOSE WINDOW
>
> _shut_down_ -not reboot!!!
>
> turn back on after a few seconds
>

> ps have also looked at athe attached pic

Default folder option does not show in my Folder Options ...

--
Laurence
John Galt

Re: Global Settings
On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:35:25 -0500, Laurence <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>> ps have also looked at athe attached pic

>Default folder option does not show in my Folder Options ...

Looks like "pacintaly" has installed something from a third party
pacinitaly

Re: Global Settings

attached is a .reg file, copy to your desktop then merg it into your
registry.
This will give you the ability to see what I attached in the pic.

'Annoyances.org - Default Folder Template Patch'
(http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/choosetemplate)

if this helps you please click the scales on my post to give me a bit
of reps

|Filename: ChooseTemplate.reg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13231|

pacinitaly;1056742 Wrote:
> attached is a .reg file, copy to your desktop then merg it into your
> registry.
> This will give you the ability to see what I attached in the pic.
>

> 'Annoyances.org - Default Folder Template Patch'
> (http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/choosetemplate)
>

> if this helps you please click the scales on my post to give me a bit
> of reps

Very helpful. Thanks. New reps for you!

--
Laurence
Mr TJA

Re: Global Settings
This registry exe fixed my problem of a majority of new folders being built
with details regarding either a photo or music files.
I prefer Date Modified, Size and Type. I tested a new folder and it works.

Before what was happening was all newly built subset folders I built under a
folder named "workspace" were showing details of photos.

I was building them at the same moment I was doing a download, building the
new folders on the fly from downloading zip files from my instructor , ie
"lesson1" folder
"lesson2" folder, etc

Thanks

> pacinitaly;1056742 Wrote:

> > 'Annoyances.org - Default Folder Template Patch'
> > (http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/choosetemplate)

pacinitaly

Re: Global Settings

Thank you much