Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2009
JennB213
 

Posts: n/a
Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

Hello,

I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.

On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
*THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
storage drive.

::Here is an example of what is going on :::::

I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
Get the following Windows Message:

*Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
CONTINUE

Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE

Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE

Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
*
I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
is where I want the stupid things to go ..

If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
nuts.

Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??

Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.

Jenn


--
JennB213
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2009
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts
If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the
one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?

Tom Ferguson

>

"JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Hello,
>
> I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
> Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>
> On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
> items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
> discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
> *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
> storage drive.
>
> ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>
> I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
> Get the following Windows Message:
>
> *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
> CONTINUE
>
> Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>
> Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>
> Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
> *
> I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
> is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>
> If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
> nuts.
>
> Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>
> Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>
> Jenn
>
>
> --
> JennB213


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2009
JennB213
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts
THANK YOU so very much Tom for responding.

Okay, it let me rename the folder, it was titled Fonts and I re-named it PSP
Goodies.

I went into the folder however it still won't let me delete a single font
there.

I don't want to delete the whole folder, it has some fonts I want to use in
my Paint Shop Pro program that is when I get brave enough to try and install
it.

I am totally frustrated with Windows Vista, I would have never thought about
a font that is not even on the system drive not being able to be deleted.

Is it because it has a font file extension?? Does Vista not allow deletion
of font extensions??

Thank YOU so very much for any help given.

Jenn



"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the
> one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
> name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?
>
> Tom Ferguson
>
> >

> "JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
> news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@nntp-gateway.com...
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
> > Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
> >
> > On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
> > items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
> > discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
> > *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
> > storage drive.
> >
> > ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
> >
> > I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
> > Get the following Windows Message:
> >
> > *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
> > CONTINUE
> >
> > Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
> >
> > Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
> >
> > Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
> > *
> > I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
> > is where I want the stupid things to go ..
> >
> > If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
> > nuts.
> >
> > Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
> >
> > Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
> >
> > Jenn
> >
> >
> > --
> > JennB213

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2009
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts
1. Please let me know the complete name of the font files that you want to
delete.

2. Let me know the names of a few other fonts in the folder.

3. Create a folder off the root of one of your hard drives called anything
at ell _except_ do not start the name with font. E.g. c:\sillytest
would be OK. See if you can copy the fonts to that directory. Let us know
any messages.

4. Right mouse click on the folder name. Check Properties Check General
See if there is a Security section at the bottom of the window - I am not
concerned here with a possible Security tab at the top of the window. Let me
know.

Tom Ferguson


"JennB213" <JennB213@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:164CAC96-01D1-4805-BE9E-B3542A487DBC@microsoft.com...
> THANK YOU so very much Tom for responding.
>
> Okay, it let me rename the folder, it was titled Fonts and I re-named it
> PSP
> Goodies.
>
> I went into the folder however it still won't let me delete a single font
> there.
>
> I don't want to delete the whole folder, it has some fonts I want to use
> in
> my Paint Shop Pro program that is when I get brave enough to try and
> install
> it.
>
> I am totally frustrated with Windows Vista, I would have never thought
> about
> a font that is not even on the system drive not being able to be deleted.
>
> Is it because it has a font file extension?? Does Vista not allow
> deletion
> of font extensions??
>
> Thank YOU so very much for any help given.
>
> Jenn
>
>
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the
>> one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
>> name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?
>>
>> Tom Ferguson
>>
>> >

>> "JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@nntp-gateway.com...
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
>> > Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>> >
>> > On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
>> > items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
>> > discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
>> > *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
>> > storage drive.
>> >
>> > ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>> >
>> > I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
>> > Get the following Windows Message:
>> >
>> > *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
>> > CONTINUE
>> >
>> > Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>> >
>> > Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>> >
>> > Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
>> > *
>> > I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
>> > is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>> >
>> > If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
>> > nuts.
>> >
>> > Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>> >
>> > Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>> >
>> > Jenn
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > JennB213

>>
>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2009
JennB213
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts
Tom,

First, THANK YOU so much for trying to help me.

I will answer your questions below each question.

Jenn



"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> 1. Please let me know the complete name of the font files that you want to
> delete.


Answer: Rockfont.ttf and Montague.otf
Right now there are only 2 individual fonts and a couple of zip files.
As I said before these are only fonts that I want to use at a later date and
DO NOT want them permanently installed into the Windows system.
>
> 2. Let me know the names of a few other fonts in the folder.


Answer: The two named above ..
No other Individual fonts there, a couple of zip files.
>
> 3. Create a folder off the root of one of your hard drives called anything
> at ell _except_ do not start the name with font. E.g. c:\sillytest
> would be OK. See if you can copy the fonts to that directory. Let us know
> any messages.


Answer: Created a NEW folder called "PSP Things" .. on the Storage D:\ drive
did not want to put the folder on my System C:\ drive.

Yes, It allowed me to Select All> Cut >> and Paste >> into the NEW
Folder called "PSP Things" WITHOUT an error message.

>
> 4. Right mouse click on the folder name. Check Properties Check General
> See if there is a Security section at the bottom of the window - I am not
> concerned here with a possible Security tab at the top of the window. Let me
> know.
>


Answer: Right Clicked on the NEW Folder called "PSP Things" folder was
Read Only, removed that.

Tried deleting both of the named Fonts .. Still NO luck.

Right Clicked on the Rockfont.ttf ... the font properties DID have a
Security warning that read:: This font came from another computer and might
be blocked to protect this computer.

Clicked the UnBlock button, still won't delete
Asks if I want to sent to Recycle Bin, tell it YES
Tells me I need permission >> Retry >> Click Retry >> give same message over
and over again.

I have UAC disengaged right now

Right Clicked on the Montague.otf ... the font properties DID NOT have a
Security Warning on that it.. however, still won't delete either.
Same as above, asks about Recycle Bin then goes to the Need permission.

Checked the Advanced Attributes on both font properties:: Both are the same
Check beside >> File is ready for archiving
Check beside >> Index this file for faster searching
No Check beside >> Compress or Encrypt

Does Vista restrict deleting .otf or .ttf file extensions ??

I can't imagine having to open the properties of every single font you want
to delete, but then again, NO CHANGES that I have made are letting me delete
either font anyway.

I appreciate any feedback on this you can help me with and apologize for the
delay in trying these procedures. Wanted peace and quiet to work with your
instructions.

Thank YOU so much.

Jenn


> Tom Ferguson
>
>
> "JennB213" <JennB213@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:164CAC96-01D1-4805-BE9E-B3542A487DBC@microsoft.com...
> > THANK YOU so very much Tom for responding.
> >
> > Okay, it let me rename the folder, it was titled Fonts and I re-named it
> > PSP
> > Goodies.
> >
> > I went into the folder however it still won't let me delete a single font
> > there.
> >
> > I don't want to delete the whole folder, it has some fonts I want to use
> > in
> > my Paint Shop Pro program that is when I get brave enough to try and
> > install
> > it.
> >
> > I am totally frustrated with Windows Vista, I would have never thought
> > about
> > a font that is not even on the system drive not being able to be deleted.
> >
> > Is it because it has a font file extension?? Does Vista not allow
> > deletion
> > of font extensions??
> >
> > Thank YOU so very much for any help given.
> >
> > Jenn
> >
> >
> >
> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the
> >> one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
> >> name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?
> >>
> >> Tom Ferguson
> >>
> >> >
> >> "JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
> >> news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@nntp-gateway.com...
> >> >
> >> > Hello,
> >> >
> >> > I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
> >> > Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
> >> >
> >> > On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
> >> > items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
> >> > discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
> >> > *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
> >> > storage drive.
> >> >
> >> > ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
> >> >
> >> > I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
> >> > Get the following Windows Message:
> >> >
> >> > *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
> >> > CONTINUE
> >> >
> >> > Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
> >> >
> >> > Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
> >> >
> >> > Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
> >> > *
> >> > I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
> >> > is where I want the stupid things to go ..
> >> >
> >> > If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
> >> > nuts.
> >> >
> >> > Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
> >> >
> >> > Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
> >> >
> >> > Jenn
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > JennB213
> >>
> >>

> >
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2009
JennB213
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

::*More information from Microsoft '=HERE='
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=US&sloc=&p=1)
but the bottom line is NO ANSWER as of yet.

Can anybody here delete a font file from their Vista system????

I'm now trying to figure out if it's just this HP Laptop or if this is
a problem with Vista EVERYWHERE. I have read of other strange problems
with Hewlett Packard Laptops.

Appreciate ANY feedback at this point .. :cry:

Thank You,
Jenn*::


JennB213;1054451 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
> Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>
> On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
> items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
> discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
> *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
> storage drive.
>
> ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>
> I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
> Get the following Windows Message:
>
> *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
> CONTINUE
>
> Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>
> Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>
> Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
> *
> I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
> is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>
> If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
> nuts.
>
> Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>
> Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>
> Jenn



--
JennB213
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2009
LVTravel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts


"JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:beafb9fc380632703e5006b60685f938@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> ::*More information from Microsoft '=HERE='
> (http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=US&sloc=&p=1)
> but the bottom line is NO ANSWER as of yet.
>
> Can anybody here delete a font file from their Vista system????
>
> I'm now trying to figure out if it's just this HP Laptop or if this is
> a problem with Vista EVERYWHERE. I have read of other strange problems
> with Hewlett Packard Laptops.
>
> Appreciate ANY feedback at this point .. :cry:
>
> Thank You,
> Jenn*::
>
>
> JennB213;1054451 Wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
>> Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>>
>> On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
>> items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
>> discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
>> *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
>> storage drive.
>>
>> ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>>
>> I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
>> Get the following Windows Message:
>>
>> *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
>> CONTINUE
>>
>> Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>>
>> Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>>
>> Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
>> *
>> I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
>> is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>>
>> If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
>> nuts.
>>
>> Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>>
>> Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>>
>> Jenn

>
>
> --
> JennB213


I have storage folders on my desktop that I can delete and restore from the
recycle bin from without any issues.

One thought. Are these fonts actually installed into Vista? If so, try to
uninstall them using the font uninstall feature (basically Control Panel,
Fonts, right click on font name and then delete it.) See if the file can be
deleted now from your storage folder or if it is already gone.

If you want the font installed don't delete yet but copy the font file to a
different location and attempt reinstall from the location you have
specified on the second drive but ensure that the "Copy fonts to the fonts
folder" is checked. Once reinstalled, see if the font will delete now.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2009
Tae Song
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

"JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:beafb9fc380632703e5006b60685f938@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> ::*More information from Microsoft '=HERE='
> (http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=US&sloc=&p=1)
> but the bottom line is NO ANSWER as of yet.
>
> Can anybody here delete a font file from their Vista system????
>
> I'm now trying to figure out if it's just this HP Laptop or if this is
> a problem with Vista EVERYWHERE. I have read of other strange problems
> with Hewlett Packard Laptops.
>
> Appreciate ANY feedback at this point .. :cry:
>
> Thank You,
> Jenn*::
>
>
> JennB213;1054451 Wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
>> Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>>
>> On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
>> items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
>> discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
>> *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
>> storage drive.
>>
>> ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>>
>> I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
>> Get the following Windows Message:
>>
>> *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
>> CONTINUE
>>
>> Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>>
>> Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>>
>> Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
>> *
>> I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
>> is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>>
>> If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
>> nuts.
>>
>> Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>>
>> Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>>
>> Jenn

>
>
> --
> JennB213



Right-click on the file you want to delete -> Properties

Security tab

Hit Advanced button

Owner tab

Hit Edit button

Hit Other users or groups button

Type in your login name

Hit Check Names button
(it should have your machine name and user name ex: User-PC\User and
underlined if you typed in a valid login ID name)

Click OK button

It might say you have taken ownership of this file, etc

Click OK button and close rest of the dialog boxes.

And try to delete the file.




Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
JennB213
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

Thank you so much LVTravel for your input.

The fonts I can't delete are in an Extra Storage Folder now named "PSP
Things" (no font word in the description at all)

They are NOT installed on my Vista System drive at all.

My Laptop came with two internal hard drives ..
I use C:\ for the actual Vista System and I use D:\ for storage.

I have tried creating a totally new storage folder on the D:\ drive and
moving the fonts I can't delete there, they moved okay, np, no error
message.
I then tried to delete them from the newly created folder.
Still NO LUCK .. darnest thing I've ever seen.

I've had other issues with my HP Laptop, that is why I was asking for
input if anybody else was having problems. I still can not get my
IncrediMail program to install on my Laptop. Incredimail blames HP and
HP blames Incredimail .. bottom line to this is, I can't use a program I
had bought and paid for. Now this craziness with fonts that are NOT
even installed.

Thank YOU so very much for taking the time to read and respond to me.

Jenn

LVTravel;4454850 Wrote:
> wrote in message
>
> I have storage folders on my desktop that I can delete and restore from
> the
> recycle bin from without any issues.
>
> One thought. Are these fonts actually installed into Vista? If so,
> try to
> uninstall them using the font uninstall feature (basically Control
> Panel,
> Fonts, right click on font name and then delete it.) See if the file
> can be
> deleted now from your storage folder or if it is already gone.
>
> If you want the font installed don't delete yet but copy the font file
> to a
> different location and attempt reinstall from the location you have
> specified on the second drive but ensure that the "Copy fonts to the
> fonts
> folder" is checked. Once reinstalled, see if the font will delete now.



--
JennB213
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JennB213's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/104586.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1189255.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2009
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts
OK.

Go here-
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/inde...howtopic=13157

and see instructions on how to take ownership of the files. After that, you
should be able to delete them.

Let us know.

Tom Ferguson


"JennB213" <JennB213@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CAC3FE5D-B36D-426F-9E47-D1DF8C205F05@microsoft.com...
> Tom,
>
> First, THANK YOU so much for trying to help me.
>
> I will answer your questions below each question.
>
> Jenn
>
>
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> 1. Please let me know the complete name of the font files that you want
>> to
>> delete.

>
> Answer: Rockfont.ttf and Montague.otf
> Right now there are only 2 individual fonts and a couple of zip files.
> As I said before these are only fonts that I want to use at a later date
> and
> DO NOT want them permanently installed into the Windows system.
>>
>> 2. Let me know the names of a few other fonts in the folder.

>
> Answer: The two named above ..
> No other Individual fonts there, a couple of zip files.
>>
>> 3. Create a folder off the root of one of your hard drives called
>> anything
>> at ell _except_ do not start the name with font. E.g. c:\sillytest
>> would be OK. See if you can copy the fonts to that directory. Let us know
>> any messages.

>
> Answer: Created a NEW folder called "PSP Things" .. on the Storage D:\
> drive
> did not want to put the folder on my System C:\ drive.
>
> Yes, It allowed me to Select All> Cut >> and Paste >> into the NEW
> Folder called "PSP Things" WITHOUT an error message.
>
>>
>> 4. Right mouse click on the folder name. Check Properties Check General
>> See if there is a Security section at the bottom of the window - I am not
>> concerned here with a possible Security tab at the top of the window. Let
>> me
>> know.
>>

>
> Answer: Right Clicked on the NEW Folder called "PSP Things" folder was
> Read Only, removed that.
>
> Tried deleting both of the named Fonts .. Still NO luck.
>
> Right Clicked on the Rockfont.ttf ... the font properties DID have a
> Security warning that read:: This font came from another computer and
> might
> be blocked to protect this computer.
>
> Clicked the UnBlock button, still won't delete
> Asks if I want to sent to Recycle Bin, tell it YES
> Tells me I need permission >> Retry >> Click Retry >> give same message
> over
> and over again.
>
> I have UAC disengaged right now
>
> Right Clicked on the Montague.otf ... the font properties DID NOT have a
> Security Warning on that it.. however, still won't delete either.
> Same as above, asks about Recycle Bin then goes to the Need permission.
>
> Checked the Advanced Attributes on both font properties:: Both are the
> same
> Check beside >> File is ready for archiving
> Check beside >> Index this file for faster searching
> No Check beside >> Compress or Encrypt
>
> Does Vista restrict deleting .otf or .ttf file extensions ??
>
> I can't imagine having to open the properties of every single font you
> want
> to delete, but then again, NO CHANGES that I have made are letting me
> delete
> either font anyway.
>
> I appreciate any feedback on this you can help me with and apologize for
> the
> delay in trying these procedures. Wanted peace and quiet to work with
> your
> instructions.
>
> Thank YOU so much.
>
> Jenn
>
>
>> Tom Ferguson
>>
>>
>> "JennB213" <JennB213@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:164CAC96-01D1-4805-BE9E-B3542A487DBC@microsoft.com...
>> > THANK YOU so very much Tom for responding.
>> >
>> > Okay, it let me rename the folder, it was titled Fonts and I re-named
>> > it
>> > PSP
>> > Goodies.
>> >
>> > I went into the folder however it still won't let me delete a single
>> > font
>> > there.
>> >
>> > I don't want to delete the whole folder, it has some fonts I want to
>> > use
>> > in
>> > my Paint Shop Pro program that is when I get brave enough to try and
>> > install
>> > it.
>> >
>> > I am totally frustrated with Windows Vista, I would have never thought
>> > about
>> > a font that is not even on the system drive not being able to be
>> > deleted.
>> >
>> > Is it because it has a font file extension?? Does Vista not allow
>> > deletion
>> > of font extensions??
>> >
>> > Thank YOU so very much for any help given.
>> >
>> > Jenn
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>> >
>> >> If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive,
>> >> the
>> >> one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
>> >> name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?
>> >>
>> >> Tom Ferguson
>> >>
>> >> >
>> >> "JennB213" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@nntp-gateway.com...
>> >> >
>> >> > Hello,
>> >> >
>> >> > I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
>> >> > Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.
>> >> >
>> >> > On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
>> >> > items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a
>> >> > group I
>> >> > discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
>> >> > *THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
>> >> > storage drive.
>> >> >
>> >> > ::Here is an example of what is going on :::::
>> >> >
>> >> > I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
>> >> > Get the following Windows Message:
>> >> >
>> >> > *Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
>> >> > CONTINUE
>> >> >
>> >> > Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE
>> >> >
>> >> > Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE
>> >> >
>> >> > Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
>> >> > *
>> >> > I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and
>> >> > that
>> >> > is where I want the stupid things to go ..
>> >> >
>> >> > If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving
>> >> > me
>> >> > nuts.
>> >> >
>> >> > Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??
>> >> >
>> >> > Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.
>> >> >
>> >> > Jenn
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > JennB213
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't delete fonts tedmi microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 07-01-2012 16:01
Fonts - signature font lost in list of fonts Ryka microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 9 12-30-2008 03:53
How to delete exotic MS fonts? hadila microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 11 05-21-2008 13:50
How do I delete many fonts all at once instead of 1 at a time? MariaEll microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 5 12-06-2007 07:14
Article ID: 931478 A document that uses the Meiryo font prints by using a TrueType font instead of a device font when you print the document in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120