Batch file to close a window

Hoopskidoodle

Batch file to close a window

Dohhhh! The title should read: Batch file to close a _*folder*_.

I preface this by saying that I only have a rudimentary knowledge of
batch files. Also, I searched high and low for this information before
decided to make this post.

I have a batch file that launches several programs and a specific
Firefox profile that I use to study French. That works fine. However,
the complimentary batch file that closes all of those things has one
problem. It cannot close an explorer folder. I believe the reason is
because the folder is part of Explorer as a whole, and if I used
taskkill in order to such down Explorer, the whole thing would shut
down... or at least restart.

Is there any way to close a specific folder using a batch file?

I've attached a copy of the batch file as a txt file in case that help
clarify what I'm talking about.

|Filename: stop_french.txt |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13138|

Hoopskidoodle

Vista 64 Home Premium
Q6700 Quad Core 2.67 GHz
8GB PC2 6400 RAM
GTS

Re: Batch file to close a window
No, there is no way to close a specific folder with a batch file. It might
be doable with vbScript.
--

"Hoopskidoodle" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Dohhhh! The title should read: Batch file to close a _*folder*_.
>
> I preface this by saying that I only have a rudimentary knowledge of
> batch files. Also, I searched high and low for this information before
> decided to make this post.
>
> I have a batch file that launches several programs and a specific
> Firefox profile that I use to study French. That works fine. However,
> the complimentary batch file that closes all of those things has one
> problem. It cannot close an explorer folder. I believe the reason is
> because the folder is part of Explorer as a whole, and if I used
> taskkill in order to such down Explorer, the whole thing would shut
> down... or at least restart.
>
> Is there any way to close a specific folder using a batch file?
>

> I've attached a copy of the batch file as a txt file in case that help
> clarify what I'm talking about.

> |Filename: stop_french.txt |
> |Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13138|

> Hoopskidoodle
>
> Vista 64 Home Premium
> Q6700 Quad Core 2.67 GHz
> 8GB PC2 6400 RAM

Hoopskidoodle

GTS;1054122 Wrote:
> No, there is no way to close a specific folder with a batch file. It
> might
> be doable with vbScript.

Thanks. I feared as much.

--
Hoopskidoodle

-"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home."
~ -ken olsen: co-founder & president of digital equipment corporation
(dec), 1977