Many MSC Files Listed

JamesJ

Many MSC Files Listed
Out of curiosity I searched my hard drive *.msc. The search returned over
70 msc files but most were the same file but in different locations. Some
files
names being listed in 5 different locations.
Is this common? I'm trying to keep my disk drive contents at a minimum
'cause I
really can't afford to purchase a new hd at this time.

James

Richard G. Harper

Re: Many MSC Files Listed
What you are trying to do is counterproductive in the long run. Get the
larger hard drive. Saving a few kilobytes here and a few kilobytes there
will soon cost you far more in lost productivity than the new hard drive
would.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> Out of curiosity I searched my hard drive *.msc. The search returned over
> 70 msc files but most were the same file but in different locations. Some
> files
> names being listed in 5 different locations.
> Is this common? I'm trying to keep my disk drive contents at a minimum
> 'cause I
> really can't afford to purchase a new hd at this time.
>
> James

JamesJ

Re: Many MSC Files Listed
Can't afford it now.

James

> What you are trying to do is counterproductive in the long run. Get the
> larger hard drive. Saving a few kilobytes here and a few kilobytes there
> will soon cost you far more in lost productivity than the new hard drive
> would.
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Out of curiosity I searched my hard drive *.msc. The search returned
>> over
>> 70 msc files but most were the same file but in different locations. Some
>> files
>> names being listed in 5 different locations.
>> Is this common? I'm trying to keep my disk drive contents at a minimum
>> 'cause I
>> really can't afford to purchase a new hd at this time.
>>
>> James

NetLink_Blue

Re: Many MSC Files Listed
Vista can compress files and give you some more hard-drive space if you're
in a pinch.

Right-click C:\ drive in File Explorer -- Properties -- {General Tab; 2nd
checkbox from bottom}
"Compress this drive to save disk space"

good luck, Net_Blue

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> Out of curiosity I searched my hard drive *.msc. The search returned over
> 70 msc files but most were the same file but in different locations. Some
> files
> names being listed in 5 different locations.
> Is this common? I'm trying to keep my disk drive contents at a minimum
> 'cause I
> really can't afford to purchase a new hd at this time.
>
> James

JamesJ

Re: Many MSC Files Listed
Thanks,