fake files

terdfurguson

fake files

Hi everyone!
I just have a quick question; I am using 3rd party software to move
music from my ipod to my computer. However, recently, I copied several
folders over to my itunes folder, realized they didn't have the proper
labeling they had on the ipod, and so I decided to delete them and start
all over. However, the software seems to be convinced that some of the
files were not deleted; it keeps skipping them and claiming they are
already on my playlist, and if I type them into the vista search, the
vista search also finds these deleted files (it gives me a shortcut
error if I click on them) but they are not there if I go to their
directory from My Computer. My question is, how can I get rid of these
files? I'm sorry, I don't know much about how all this works, but
somehow my computer is convinced these files exist, though they don't!
Thanks!

--
terdfurguson
terdfurguson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/101147.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

David B.

Re: fake files
Contact the vender of the software for support of their product.

"terdfurguson" <terdfurguson.3ss83d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi everyone!
> I just have a quick question; I am using 3rd party software to move
> music from my ipod to my computer. However, recently, I copied several
> folders over to my itunes folder, realized they didn't have the proper
> labeling they had on the ipod, and so I decided to delete them and start
> all over. However, the software seems to be convinced that some of the
> files were not deleted; it keeps skipping them and claiming they are
> already on my playlist, and if I type them into the vista search, the
> vista search also finds these deleted files (it gives me a shortcut
> error if I click on them) but they are not there if I go to their
> directory from My Computer. My question is, how can I get rid of these
> files? I'm sorry, I don't know much about how all this works, but
> somehow my computer is convinced these files exist, though they don't!
> Thanks!
>

> --
> terdfurguson
> terdfurguson's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/101147.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1186556.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

garysgold

Re: fake files

terdfurguson;1050828 Wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I just have a quick question; I am using 3rd party software to move
> music from my ipod to my computer. However, recently, I copied several
> folders over to my itunes folder, realized they didn't have the proper
> labeling they had on the ipod, and so I decided to delete them and
> start
> all over. However, the software seems to be convinced that some of the
> files were not deleted; it keeps skipping them and claiming they are
> already on my playlist, and if I type them into the vista search, the
> vista search also finds these deleted files (it gives me a shortcut
> error if I click on them) but they are not there if I go to their
> directory from My Computer. My question is, how can I get rid of these
> files? I'm sorry, I don't know much about how all this works, but
> somehow my computer is convinced these files exist, though they don't!
> Thanks!

If they were just recently deleted, you just need to wait for the index
to update and then they should be gone.

Gary H.

--
garysgold

'True talent knows its own worth and is not afraid to share.' unknown
Please post back results so we may all learn.