"Unable to sync at this time. Please try again."

famousdavis is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Unable to sync at this time. Please try again."
I'm running an XP desktop and a Vista Ultimate laptop. I just reinstalled Vista on the laptop, and things are working nicely except my use of Vista's Offline Files & Folders. I can successfully establish a sync relationship with the shared folders on my XP desktop. However, when I go offline and make a change to one of those sync'd files on my Vista laptop. then reconnect to my network to sync backto the XP desktop, I receive the consistent error: "Unable to sync at this time. Please try again." I've Googled my eyes out looking for answers, and haven't found anything useful for this problem. Notably, my wife's XP laptop is able to similarly sync just fine with the XP desktop, and her offline changes sync without error when she reconnects to our network. My son's Vista laptop, like my Vista laptop, also gets the same sync error as I do when he modifies a file offline and then tries to sync once he's connected to our home network.

What's the trick to get a Vista laptop to sync modified files back to an XP desktop?

famousdavis is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: "Unable to sync at this time. Please try again."
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
[...]

SORRY I apparently double-posted inadvertently when my 'Net connection appeared to hang. Forum moderator, please delete on of the two posts. Thanks.