Vista won't keep size of folder

bjproc

Vista won't keep size of folder

hi,

i've tried to resize folders on my PC, drag to the size i want (full
screen) right click, refresh, top left hand & close, it'll open up again
in the correct size, but say after a reboot, it's back to the small size
again

any ideas?

thanks

--
bjproc
Brink

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

Hello BJproc,

You might see if applying METHOD TWO in this tutorial may be able to
help you depending on what type of window you are wanting to be
remembered.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
bjproc

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

thanks Brink, i've just seen that tutorial, i used the reg file, but at
the end i can't click on apply to all folders, as it's greyed out

--
bjproc
Brink

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

You will just need to open Folder Options from within that window
instead for it not to be grayed out.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...r-options.html

bjproc;1046456 Wrote:
> thanks Brink, i've just seen that tutorial, i used the reg file, but at
> the end i can't click on apply to all folders, as it's greyed out

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
bjproc

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

thanks again for the very quick reply.

it's not greyed out now, so i take it i have to do the to each folder
for it to remember the settings? or should it apply to every folder
opened?

--
bjproc
Brink

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

Yes, it should apply the folder view that is set in that window to all
windows with the same folder template. They will all be set to "All
Items" after applying Method Two though.

However, folder views has always been buggy in Vista, so it may not
always work for you.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
bjproc

Re: Vista won't keep size of folder

Ok, thats again for the quick reply, looks like i'm one of the unlucky
ones.

--
bjproc