A Deleted Folder keeps recreating

Samthesudden

A Deleted Folder keeps recreating
Dear all,

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents
folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to
stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I
just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be malware
of some sort and I scanned my computer with Norton, Ad-Aware and Spybot
search and Destroy and did not turn up anything more than cookie trackers.
It appears to be this particular folder. I have deleted others and they do
stay deleted. I do not find anything significantly different in the folder
properties.

Any advice appreciated on how I can delete this folder once and for all.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Malke

Re: A Deleted Folder keeps recreating
Samthesudden wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents
> folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to
> stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I
> just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be
> malware
> of some sort and I scanned my computer with Norton, Ad-Aware and Spybot
> search and Destroy and did not turn up anything more than cookie trackers.
> It appears to be this particular folder. I have deleted others and they do
> stay deleted. I do not find anything significantly different in the folder
> properties.

What happens if you rename the folder and then delete it? Make sure it is
empty first, deleting contents first.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Bob

Re: A Deleted Folder keeps recreating
If all else fails try this freebie:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fileshredder2.html

Samthesudden wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents
> folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses
> to stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the
> machine. I just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it
> might be malware of some sort and I scanned my computer with Norton,
> Ad-Aware and Spybot search and Destroy and did not turn up anything more
> than cookie trackers.
> It appears to be this particular folder. I have deleted others and they
> do stay deleted. I do not find anything significantly different in the
> folder properties.
>
> Any advice appreciated on how I can delete this folder once and for all.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Harish

Samthesudden

Re: A Deleted Folder keeps recreating
Dear Bob and Malke,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I finally figured out what was happening, by accident. I had saved that
folder as the default download location in Google Chrome, and whenever I
deleted, it kept getting recreated after a while. or when I restarted the
machine. Now, I have removed that folder from there. That problem is solved
now. It had me worried for a while, as the last time I had this kind of
problem it turned out to be the rapidblaster trojan.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Samthesudden wrote:

> Dear Bob and Malke,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> I finally figured out what was happening, by accident. I had saved that
> folder as the default download location in Google Chrome, and whenever I
> deleted, it kept getting recreated after a while. or when I restarted the
> machine. Now, I have removed that folder from there. That problem is
> solved now. It had me worried for a while, as the last time I had this
> kind of problem it turned out to be the rapidblaster trojan.

Wow, I never would have thought of that. I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks
for taking the time to let us know the solution.

Malke