remembering folder's settings

Wally

remembering folder's settings
I have this option unticked in the folder option. but explorer never
remembers to use the 'List' settings when I open explorer. anyone else
having this issue? its List at the root or computer. but once i go
into a drive, its in Detail, certainly annoying.

--
cOS

cossmo @at gmail . com
Keith Miller MVP

Re: remembering folder's settings
Open a file folder that's using the 'All Items' Template, set it to list
view, then click:

Organize -> Folder & Search Options -> 'View' tab -> 'Apply to Folders'

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Wally" <cossmo@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have this option unticked in the folder option. but explorer never
> remembers to use the 'List' settings when I open explorer. anyone else
> having this issue? its List at the root or computer. but once i go
> into a drive, its in Detail, certainly annoying.
>

> --
> cOS
>
> cossmo @at gmail . com

Wally

Re: remembering folder's settings

where is the "All Items" Template?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:29:56 -0500, "Keith Miller MVP"
<k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> wrote:

>Open a file folder that's using the 'All Items' Template, set it to list
>view, then click:
>
>Organize -> Folder & Search Options -> 'View' tab -> 'Apply to Folders'

--
cOS

cossmo @at gmail . com
Keith Miller MVP

Re: remembering folder's settings
On the 'Customize' tab of the folder's Properties dialog.

If you right-click in a blank area of the right-hand pane of an Explorer
window, you should see a 'Customize this folder...' option.

Or, if you have the Details pane displayed at the bottom of Explorer,
right-clicking on the folder icon there should also have this option.

--

"Wally" <cossmo ATT gmail.com> wrote in message
newsk4923d6jkaf4tm9upn5177b22gm0h17oc@4ax.com...

> where is the "All Items" Template?
>
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:29:56 -0500, "Keith Miller MVP"
> <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Open a file folder that's using the 'All Items' Template, set it to list
>>view, then click:
>>
>>Organize -> Folder & Search Options -> 'View' tab -> 'Apply to Folders'

> --
> cOS
>
> cossmo @at gmail . com

Wally

Re: remembering folder's settings
oh ok, I saw the option earlier, but wasn't sure that was what you
meant.

thanks for the info, it didn't work when I tried it. I have since
reinstalled, because explorer had other problems such as not allowing
me to select multiple files in certain folders.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:32:06 -0500, "Keith Miller MVP"
<k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> wrote:

>On the 'Customize' tab of the folder's Properties dialog.
>
>If you right-click in a blank area of the right-hand pane of an Explorer
>window, you should see a 'Customize this folder...' option.
>
>Or, if you have the Details pane displayed at the bottom of Explorer,
>right-clicking on the folder icon there should also have this option.

--
cOS

cossmo @at gmail . com
kimberwhitehead

Re: remembering folder's settings
hi

thank goodness i am not the only one, thought i was going mad?!

I added a photo foler in users and set them as photo/video type.. and made
all the photo's extra large..

next thing I know I came out and it has done that to the entire C drive....
and all the folder in C: Programs are all saying they are picture/video
folders... and when I opened them up everything inside was in extra large view

If I change them back, then my photo's go back too..... then I changed the
way my docs sat in my docs folder to be grouped my type and they keep
changing back to being viewed my name...

this is EXTREMELLY annoying.... is there anything that can be done so that
one you set what type of folder you have and how you want to use it, it stays
that way and not change everything else with it??

Also at present all the folers in my c drive thinks they are picture/video
folders and obvs I am unable to change any one them back, Programs, Users,
Windows...

brink

Re: remembering folder's settings

Hi everyone,

Here's a link that will show you how to reset Vista's folder view
settings and increase it's cache size so Vista will start remembering
your folder view settings again.

'_http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer-folder-view-settings.html?ltr=W_'
(http://tinyurl.com/yuod5y)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
arindam_km

"Wally" wrote:

> I have this option unticked in the folder option. but explorer never
> remembers to use the 'List' settings when I open explorer. anyone else
> having this issue? its List at the root or computer. but once i go
> into a drive, its in Detail, certainly annoying.

what u have to do is go restart the system log in as administrator and and
u have to reselect the settings and have to save the changes . so that it is
available in all the accounnts .