trash can problem

bazzer86 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
trash can problem
Hi
I have been having a problem when trying to restore items from trash and also when i go to empty trash. the problem is it is telling me there are less items then there are, e.g. i put in 3 avi files, there are only two there, and i cant find where the third has gone, so i can either restore the 2 or empty recycle bin permanantly to get rid of those two. But i still cant find the third. and I think i am losing space on my HDD due to it. any ideas where the missing files are and how i can delete them would be welcome? thanks in advance
Dave T.

Re: trash can problem
bazzer86 wrote:
> Hi
> I have been having a problem when trying to restore items from trash
> and also when i go to empty trash. the problem is it is telling me there
> are less items then there are, e.g. i put in 3 avi files, there are only
> two there, and i cant find where the third has gone, so i can either
> restore the 2 or empty recycle bin permanantly to get rid of those two.
> But i still cant find the third. and I think i am losing space on my HDD
> due to it. any ideas where the missing files are and how i can delete
> them would be welcome? thanks in advance

If there isn't enough room for the trash (avi's can be quite large) it
is deleted permanently.

Dave T.

bazzer86 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: trash can problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T. View Post
bazzer86 wrote:
> Hi
> I have been having a problem when trying to restore items from trash
> and also when i go to empty trash. the problem is it is telling me there
> are less items then there are, e.g. i put in 3 avi files, there are only
> two there, and i cant find where the third has gone, so i can either
> restore the 2 or empty recycle bin permanantly to get rid of those two.
> But i still cant find the third. and I think i am losing space on my HDD
> due to it. any ideas where the missing files are and how i can delete
> them would be welcome? thanks in advance

If there isn't enough room for the trash (avi's can be quite large) it
is deleted permanently.

Dave T.
Hi

Thanks for replying. Its not the size of the trash thats the problem, i never keep anything in it, i always permanently delete everything as soon as i put it in. The avis i put also dont reach the maximum limit, therefore they should all still be in there.