How to recover lost partition in Vista

Rohit Takkar

How to recover lost partition in Vista

Hi

I am having an IBM notebook which came with vista home basic
pre-installed. Using VIsta disk management, I made partition on my HDD.
After running for almost 6 months. my windows got some problem due to
which I had to run recovery disk. After running recovery disk, although
OS has been restored to original but my D: is missing. Its showing only
c: to me now. I have checked in BIOS also. I am not sure whether it has
merged the two drives if so. WHat about my data.

Can yopu please suggest what to do.

Thanks

--
Rohit Takkar
Rohit Takkar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/94930.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Manny Weisbord

Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista
Rohit Takkar <Rohit.Takkar.3rfzzc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am having an IBM notebook which came with vista home basic
>pre-installed. Using VIsta disk management, I made partition on my HDD.
>After running for almost 6 months. my windows got some problem due to
>which I had to run recovery disk. After running recovery disk, although
>OS has been restored to original but my D: is missing. Its showing only
>c: to me now. I have checked in BIOS also. I am not sure whether it has
>merged the two drives if so. WHat about my data.
>
>Can yopu please suggest what to do.
>
>Thanks

Using the recovery DVD you returned your computer to the same
condition it was in when you bought it. There was no D then, so there
is no D now.

Whatever you had on D is now gone.
DL

Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista
So in future you will doubtless have exteranl data backups?

"Rohit Takkar" <Rohit.Takkar.3rfzzc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> I am having an IBM notebook which came with vista home basic
> pre-installed. Using VIsta disk management, I made partition on my HDD.
> After running for almost 6 months. my windows got some problem due to
> which I had to run recovery disk. After running recovery disk, although
> OS has been restored to original but my D: is missing. Its showing only
> c: to me now. I have checked in BIOS also. I am not sure whether it has
> merged the two drives if so. WHat about my data.
>
> Can yopu please suggest what to do.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Rohit Takkar
> Rohit Takkar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/94930.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1170981.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Dorothy_

Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista

'recover lost partition'
(http://www.bestshareware.net/howto/r...-partition.htm),
this article will tell you how to fix it step by step:

Dorothy_'s Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/133491.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-fil...nt/1170981.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Adamkkk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista
if this situation occurs to someone else.
first stop doing anything to the hard drive, and second get a partition recovery software to try whether it can get the lost partition backup.
here can download free partition recovery software.

SharonP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista
Hi Rohit,
Don't worry. You will be able to get back your lost partition by doing partition recovery on Windows. Even I had recovered my lost partition using this software just a couple of days ago. You can even download the software and check its utility. Hope this will solve your problem too.
Jsh80st

Re: How to recover lost partition in Vista
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Perfect Father's Day Gifts
Free Gift Box, Free One-Day Shippinghttp://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...rsion=20070822
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...39;s Day Gifts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ew Kindle Fire