Need Help with Vista Undelete Files

Richard K

Need Help with Vista Undelete Files
I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were about
5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred pictures.
The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed permenantly
deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not altered the
hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there but I need to
undelete them.

Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
hopefully are not that expensive?

Thanks!

-Richard K

Dustin Harper

Re: Need Help with Vista Undelete Files
http://www.recuva.com

Developed by the same crew that does CCleaner. Recuva (Recover) is an
awesome program. It even saved some pics and files from a computer I was
working on that the customer had formatted and reinstalled Vista (of course,
not everything was recoverable).

One tip: Don't do much work or you risk the files being overwritten and not
recoverable

--

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"Richard K" <rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com> wrote in message
> I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were
> about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred
> pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed
> permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not
> altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there
> but I need to undelete them.
>
> Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
> hopefully are not that expensive?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Richard K

webster72n

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@mstechpages.com> wrote in message
> http://www.recuva.com
>
> Developed by the same crew that does CCleaner. Recuva (Recover) is an
> awesome program. It even saved some pics and files from a computer I was
> working on that the customer had formatted and reinstalled Vista (of
> course, not everything was recoverable).
>
> One tip: Don't do much work or you risk the files being overwritten and
> not recoverable

On my part I thank you for making this available,
Harry.

> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> http://www.mstechpages.com
> dharper@mstechpages.com
>

> "Richard K" <rkokoski@foxdtechllc.com> wrote in message
>> I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were
>> about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred
>> pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed
>> permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not
>> altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there
>> but I need to undelete them.
>>
>> Suggestions on what I can do? Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
>> hopefully are not that expensive?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Richard K

Rockingham500

On Apr 28, 2:05*am, "Richard K" <rkoko...@foxdtechllc.com> wrote:
> I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. *There were about
> 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred pictures..
> The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed permenantly
> deleted. *I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not altered the
> hard drive. *I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there but I need to
> undelete them.
>
> Suggestions on what I can do? *Recommendations on 3rd party apps that
> hopefully are not that expensive?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Richard K

The best file recovery product is File Restore Professional. It is a
commercial product, but with it's price comes great results. You can
download it from here: www.pcrecovery.com
sportsphotoguy

Re: Need Help with Vista Undelete Files

Recuva worked great for me...thanks for the suggestion! :geek:

--
sportsphotoguy

corrinemurphy39 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need Help with Vista Undelete Files
It is common to have file deleted my friend. I suggest that you avoid using the partition on which the deleted files were located. This increases your chances of file recovery. The next thing you need to do is to carefully look for a data recovery software or an undelete software, by reading reviews of experts. Once you feel you have got the right software, download it and use it for data recovery.