Missing files

=?Utf-8?B?ZHJfdm94?=

Missing files
Hi,
I was using a program, stored at c:/programs and in a folder I had the files
of all scenes I was working on. For some moment on if I open the folder it is
empty (tried also the hide option and nothing appears). When I open the
application and choose "open", in the search box appears all the files. I
also tried saving the files in other folder and there is nothing inside. When
I save it in the desktop it works fine.

I have also uninstalled the program, deleted the folder and reinstalled it.
When I choose "open" in the application in the search files box appears all
the old files and folders that were before unistalling the application.

I'm getting scared with this things. Don't know what can I expect when I'm
working or saving any file.

Any help?

King Regards
Keith Miller MVP

Re: Missing files
You're seeing Virtualization in action.

Vista doesn't like programs that try to write to 'C:\Program Files'

You'll most likely find your files here:

'C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStor e\Program
Files\<application>'

here's one KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387/en-us

and googling 'VirtualStore' will find you several good articles.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"dr_vox" <dr_vox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I was using a program, stored at c:/programs and in a folder I had the
> files
> of all scenes I was working on. For some moment on if I open the folder it
> is
> empty (tried also the hide option and nothing appears). When I open the
> application and choose "open", in the search box appears all the files. I
> also tried saving the files in other folder and there is nothing inside.
> When
> I save it in the desktop it works fine.
>
> I have also uninstalled the program, deleted the folder and reinstalled
> it.
> When I choose "open" in the application in the search files box appears
> all
> the old files and folders that were before unistalling the application.
>
> I'm getting scared with this things. Don't know what can I expect when I'm
> working or saving any file.
>
> Any help?
>
> King Regards

couronette

RE: Missing files
I was working on a three page important letter for a week and in the final
editing of the letter the whole of the text just disappeared. The Title is
still in the Document file but I can not find the text of my letter anywhere.
If anyone can tell me what happened and if it can be recovered I would really
appreciate it. My system is Vista Home Premium with Microsoft works word
processor. I am ghiloni@cavenet.com