Vanishing Folder!! Pls help!

smerds

Vanishing Folder!! Pls help!

Hi there,

I've just built a new PC and have installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on to
it. I produce music so I have a number of music creation applications
installed including Ableton Live 8, Pro Tools etc.

I created a folder on my desktop where I was saving all my new
projects, samples and completed WAV files.

Last night, I copied a bunch on stuff from a USB stick to the desktop
and then all of a sudden the said folder with all my info just
disappeared! Nothing in the trash, just gone. I have no idea what has
happened to it, it would have been about a 500mb folder. I never deleted
it, i am 100% sure of that.

When i do a search for the missing files, all i can find is the
shortcuts to them in the recent documents folder under c: - users blah
blah blah but the originals are all gone.

Is there anything I can do to find these or get these back as they are
very very important!

Any info would help as im going to try everything!

Cheers

--
smerds
DL

Re: Vanishing Folder!! Pls help!
You might want to look up 'Shadow Copy' in help

IMO a bad idea to locate folders on the desktop, Create a folder within
Documents for the specific data, create a shortcut to this folder on your
desktop

Presumably you had'nt got round to putting a backup regime in place?