Folder disapeared - and I need it back

I accidentally dragged my C:\images folder (contains year's worth of camera
images) up a few folders and Vista 64 Business agreed to move this folder to
the new location, but I was still hovering somewhere over the folders in C:,
so I released the left mouse button. Windows started to move the folder
(From C:\ to C:\ ??). I didn't want this folder moved so I clicked on the
cancel that was displayed. Within a second the copy or move function had
been cancelled. Now I can't find the Images folder, The size of the C: drive
hasn't shrunk, but Windows Explorer doesn't show me the folder. And it's
not in the Recycle Bin.

I shut down as many applications as I could do without and haven't re-booted
yet. These are priceless images - I'm really hoping to recover them (by
finding the missing folder).

Re: Folder disapeared - and I need it back
Have you tried searching for it?

If really gone, use Previous Versions and see if that can help. Type in help

How do I restore a previous version of a file or folder?

<dave.nospamm@pobox.com> wrote in message
>I accidentally dragged my C:\images folder (contains year's worth of camera
>images) up a few folders and Vista 64 Business agreed to move this folder
>to the new location, but I was still hovering somewhere over the folders in
>C:, so I released the left mouse button. Windows started to move the folder
>(From C:\ to C:\ ??). I didn't want this folder moved so I clicked on the
>cancel that was displayed. Within a second the copy or move function had
>been cancelled. Now I can't find the Images folder, The size of the C:
>drive hasn't shrunk, but Windows Explorer doesn't show me the folder. And
>it's not in the Recycle Bin.
>
> I shut down as many applications as I could do without and haven't
> re-booted yet. These are priceless images - I'm really hoping to recover
> them (by finding the missing folder).

Michael Walraven

Re: Folder disapeared - and I need it back
if you did a move of a folder but kept it in the same drive then it goes
very fast, it may have been completed by the time you cancelled (only has to
change some pointers for the folder, not the files under the folder). So it
may have been successful and you only need to find out where. I would
suggest that you do a search for 'images' everywhere including non-indexed
locations and if that doesn't work, then do a search for *.jpg for instance
using search everywhere including non indexed folders.
Also I understand that Vista Business has shadow copy, so you can do a file
restore using that (I don't have Business so can't say just how that is
done.)