Deleted picture folder

Katy

Deleted picture folder
While on the Internet I noticed that at the bottom of my "Favorites" column
was a "Picture Folder." I looked at it and then got out of the Internet and
checked to see if my Picture folder was still there. It was, so I deleted
the folder off my Favorites. Needless to say, the folder apparently
completed disappeared!! Needless to say, I am heartsick, and hope that there
is a way they can be retrieved. I am using Vista Home Premium and Service
Pack 1. Any and all help is more than appreciated! Not only were there
pictures from a recent vacation, but numerous other ones as well. Thank you
in advance for any help you can give me.
SIW2

Re: Deleted picture folder

Hi Katy,

If you have any recent restore points, you could check the contents of
the shadow copies with the free Shadow Explorer.

'ShadowExplorer.com - Downloads'
(http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html)

'ShadowExplorer.com - Manual'
(http://www.shadowexplorer.com/documentation/manual.html)

With luck , you will find your pictures and be able to export them to a
suitable location.

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Katy

Re: Deleted picture folder
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I did as you suggested and was able to retrieve all
pictures! I will definitely let my friends know about Shadow Explorer--not
only did it find the pictures, but they were in the folders I had created for
them! I have another question, and if this is not the appropriate area,
please let me know. In several of the folders are various extensions; ie.,
..mxc2; mvstcdxx.1st; mxfilerelatedcache.mxc2, etc. My question is: Do any
of those "link" my picture folder to something like Picture Motion Browser
(with my Sony cameras)? If so, can I safely delete those extensions in
whatever folder they are in?

I apologize for adding another query, but if you can help, I would
appreciate it. Again...thanks for getting my pictures back for me!!