Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.

Tommy Rebel

Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.

Hello, thanks for checking out my first post! Maybe some of you can help
me out!

How can I get Vista to display folders in the XP style? The 3d folder
display that Vista uses is quite annoying. The distortion to the image
keeps it from being very useful.

Has anyone given a resolution to this, anywhere? I have searched Google
and this forum with no luck. Maybe I haven't been thorough enough. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a link that shows the problem view on bottom and the desired
XP view at the top.

http://i7.tinypic.com/4uiykh0.png

Can this be done in Vista?

Here are two similar threads:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-file-m...e-folders.html
and:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-file-m...e-folders.html

--
Tommy Rebel
Danny Krychek

Re: Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.
Tommy Rebel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hello, thanks for checking out my first post! Maybe some of you can help
>me out!
>
>How can I get Vista to display folders in the XP style? The 3d folder
>display that Vista uses is quite annoying. The distortion to the image
>keeps it from being very useful.
>
>Has anyone given a resolution to this, anywhere? I have searched Google
>and this forum with no luck. Maybe I haven't been thorough enough. Any
>help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Below is a link that shows the problem view on bottom and the desired
>XP view at the top.
>
>http://i7.tinypic.com/4uiykh0.png
>
>Can this be done in Vista?

1. Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the
Windows Vista desktop.
2. Then click on Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
4. Then click Folder Options and click on the General tab.
5. Now under Tasks, click on Use Windows classic folders.
6. Then click on OK to apply the settings.
7. Windows Vista will then display your folders in the Classic View.

(taken from:
http://www.real-knowledge.com/classi...older-view.htm)
Tommy Rebel

Re: Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.

Hey Danny! Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately I followed your instructions to no avail. The folders
still appear in the "3d" Vista style.

http://i7.tinypic.com/4uiykh0.png

The top view pictured in the above link is what I am trying to achieve
here.

On a personal note I really do not understand why they changed this in
Vista. What purpose does the new folder icon serve? An aesthetic one? If
so I am afraid this "enhanced" graphic comes off as just annoying and
not very functional, at least as I see it.

Any further help here? :huh:

--
Tommy Rebel
Danny Krychek

Re: Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.
Tommy Rebel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hey Danny! Thanks for the quick response.
>
>Unfortunately I followed your instructions to no avail. The folders
>still appear in the "3d" Vista style.
>
>http://i7.tinypic.com/4uiykh0.png
>
>The top view pictured in the above link is what I am trying to achieve
>here.
>
>On a personal note I really do not understand why they changed this in
>Vista. What purpose does the new folder icon serve? An aesthetic one? If
>so I am afraid this "enhanced" graphic comes off as just annoying and
>not very functional, at least as I see it.
>
>Any further help here? :huh:

Nope. You're stuck with Vista's view. And, yeah... it is all about
aesthetics.
cbleman

Re: Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.
I Agree! I want my XP Folder Icons back! These things are ugly, defeat my
intensions, and are A pain. I searched these posts for this exact topic. Is
Microsofts response going to be get used to it? I post cover photos on my
folders. I like seeing them!

"Danny Krychek" wrote:

> Tommy Rebel <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:
>

> >Hey Danny! Thanks for the quick response.
> >
> >Unfortunately I followed your instructions to no avail. The folders
> >still appear in the "3d" Vista style.
> >
> >http://i7.tinypic.com/4uiykh0.png
> >
> >The top view pictured in the above link is what I am trying to achieve
> >here.
> >
> >On a personal note I really do not understand why they changed this in
> >Vista. What purpose does the new folder icon serve? An aesthetic one? If
> >so I am afraid this "enhanced" graphic comes off as just annoying and
> >not very functional, at least as I see it.
> >
> >Any further help here? :huh:

> Nope. You're stuck with Vista's view. And, yeah... it is all about
> aesthetics.

Addison Steele

Re: Need folder icons to preview contents in XP style.