Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Rename a folder

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=
 

Posts: n/a
Rename a folder
When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This is a
folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
Thank you for you help in advanced.
Bob
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2007
JerryM \(ID\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
Are you working in REGEDIT or Window Explorer?

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6BF43511-CB36-46B1-A190-E40DE97C7875@microsoft.com...
> When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This is
> a
> folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
> Thank you for you help in advanced.
> Bob


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder

Windows explorer
"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> Are you working in REGEDIT or Window Explorer?
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6BF43511-CB36-46B1-A190-E40DE97C7875@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This is
> > a
> > folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
> > Thank you for you help in advanced.
> > Bob

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
JerryM \(ID\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
OK, when you open the documents folder, is your New Folder listed?
you should be able to right click it and select rename to change the name.

Jerry

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news69300CF-B9FF-4FC3-B803-5BC23695E364@microsoft.com...
>
> Windows explorer
> "JerryM (ID)" wrote:
>
>> Are you working in REGEDIT or Window Explorer?
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:6BF43511-CB36-46B1-A190-E40DE97C7875@microsoft.com...
>> > When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This
>> > is
>> > a
>> > folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
>> > Thank you for you help in advanced.
>> > Bob

>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
JerryM \(ID\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
Bob, if you have trouble finding Documents,
right click Start, select Explore, expand users, expand your name,
shrink AppData and highlite documents.

Good luck,
Jerry

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news69300CF-B9FF-4FC3-B803-5BC23695E364@microsoft.com...
>
> Windows explorer
> "JerryM (ID)" wrote:
>
>> Are you working in REGEDIT or Window Explorer?
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:6BF43511-CB36-46B1-A190-E40DE97C7875@microsoft.com...
>> > When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This
>> > is
>> > a
>> > folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
>> > Thank you for you help in advanced.
>> > Bob

>>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
When I make a new folder, or even try to rename a floder in Windows
Explorerer is says. This file does not exist. When I right click on any flder
and goto rename, enter the name I want the folder to read, it says each time.
This folder does not exist

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> Bob, if you have trouble finding Documents,
> right click Start, select Explore, expand users, expand your name,
> shrink AppData and highlite documents.
>
> Good luck,
> Jerry
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news69300CF-B9FF-4FC3-B803-5BC23695E364@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Windows explorer
> > "JerryM (ID)" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you working in REGEDIT or Window Explorer?
> >>
> >> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:6BF43511-CB36-46B1-A190-E40DE97C7875@microsoft.com...
> >> > When I try to rename a folder, it says this folder does not exist. This
> >> > is
> >> > a
> >> > folder that I started as a "NEW FOLDER" and then try to rename it.
> >> > Thank you for you help in advanced.
> >> > Bob
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
JerryM \(ID\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
You might try to create a folder at the Windows CMD prompt.
Be sure to type CD\ after you use COD on the run line to take you to the
root directory.
Change to the directory you want the new folder in and type - md (folder
name)





"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDC4A20B-BC85-4E86-BF84-F75823998613@microsoft.com...
> When I make a new folder, or even try to rename a floder in Windows
> Explorerer is says. This file does not exist. When I right click on any
> flder
> and goto rename, enter the name I want the folder to read, it says each
> time.
> This folder does not exist
>

<Snip>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
JerryM \(ID\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
That should be CMD not COD

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDC4A20B-BC85-4E86-BF84-F75823998613@microsoft.com...
> When I make a new folder, or even try to rename a floder in Windows
> Explorerer is says. This file does not exist. When I right click on any
> flder
> and goto rename, enter the name I want the folder to read, it says each
> time.
> This folder does not exist

<Snip>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
Jerry, please forgive me in advance. Is this a problem with Windows Vista? In
XP seems so simple to go to the folder you want to rename and right click,
rename it, and there it was done. Im not complaining, thanks for your
assistance, just seems a little "creative" for microsoft to not allow one to
change names of folder, even in administative rights. OR is this something
that I could have created myself (by mistake) without knowing it? Again thank
you for your patience with me..
Bob

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> That should be CMD not COD
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsDC4A20B-BC85-4E86-BF84-F75823998613@microsoft.com...
> > When I make a new folder, or even try to rename a floder in Windows
> > Explorerer is says. This file does not exist. When I right click on any
> > flder
> > and goto rename, enter the name I want the folder to read, it says each
> > time.
> > This folder does not exist

> <Snip>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
mikeyhsd
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Rename a folder
I for one do it all the time. rename folders that is.
it is probably something you have accidentally done.
are you running any 3rd party software for protection that might interfere with this type operation.



mikeyhsd@comcast.net



"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FD27749-DEE7-439F-B25B-05892BD3D333@microsoft.com...
Jerry, please forgive me in advance. Is this a problem with Windows Vista? In
XP seems so simple to go to the folder you want to rename and right click,
rename it, and there it was done. Im not complaining, thanks for your
assistance, just seems a little "creative" for microsoft to not allow one to
change names of folder, even in administative rights. OR is this something
that I could have created myself (by mistake) without knowing it? Again thank
you for your patience with me..
Bob

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> That should be CMD not COD
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsDC4A20B-BC85-4E86-BF84-F75823998613@microsoft.com...
> > When I make a new folder, or even try to rename a floder in Windows
> > Explorerer is says. This file does not exist. When I right click on any
> > flder
> > and goto rename, enter the name I want the folder to read, it says each
> > time.
> > This folder does not exist

> <Snip>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rename a public folder =?Utf-8?B?SMOpbMOobmVfQg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 2 04-05-2007 04:43
rename bug from CMD =?Utf-8?B?UHVjYXJh?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 6 03-30-2007 19:09
Rename UAC to UEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! nick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 17 03-06-2007 12:29
Cannot delete or rename folder =?Utf-8?B?bm9ydGhlbmQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 3 02-28-2007 14:15




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120