Recent Items

i100s

Recent Items

Hi. I am very sorry for this very newbish/noobish question, but I am
wondering if this is a problem or not in a 64 bit Vista. I have
searched through the internet, and this forum itself too, but none of
the solutions seem to work. Everytime I open audios and videos, the
audios and videos I recently open up never gets added in the Recent
Items in the Startup. When I open up other types of files such as
pictures, documents, and applications, they get added into the Recent
Items. I would very much like to be able to go into my Recent Items in
Startup and click on my audios and/or videos that way than go into my
drivers and folders to access them. As always, help is always
appreciated, and thanks in advance!

--
i100s
H Brown

Re: Recent Items
From the start menu Right click Recent Items>from the context menu
select open or explore. This opens the Recent Items folder in windows
explorer. From that folder you can now see all of those files and
sort by date or any other column heading you have or wish to add. The
only files in Recent Items folder are _shortcuts_ to files so you can
delete any or all in the folder to keep your Recent Items folder more
to your liking. (Note: if the recent Items list/folder has a short cut
to a file that has been deleted that shortcut will no longer work).
The drop down list you get when you hover over the pointer (or left
click) of the Recent Items on the right side of the start menu is
only 15 items. If you like using it then you might want to Clear
Recent Items List for your session or that day, once week... Keep in
mind that the Clear Recent Items will delete very thing from the
folder as well, because it is really the list. But then again you may
wish to have a deeper view (last 90 to 120 days ) in to what files
have been opened and viewed on the user account in question. You can
group them and get last 3 Day, last week, on to earlier this year.
But there are so many ways to work with windows explorer using sorting
groups and stacks and all the choices in the column headings, your
sure to find a way of using Recent Item List and folder that works
best for you. Another thing no matter how many time you open any
given file that file will only show up in the Recent Items folder once
and the date for the shortcut would be the most recent date you opened
it. Windows will ignore anything in the Recent folder that it did not
put here itself. You can prune items off the 15 item list by Right
click and chose delete. If this is something you use a lot you might
want to create a shortcut to Recent folder to put on your (e.g.) quick
launch .

I would like to know what you meant by *drivers* when you said: "I
would very much like to be able to go into my Recent Items in Startup
and click on my audios and/or videos that way than go into my drivers
and folders to access them."
If by that you mean you have played a Audio Cd or a movie DVD in your
player(s) and now you want to later use Recent items to play those
files. Only if windows can fine the file. If you removed the media
from player you would have to put it back in.

H Brown

"i100s" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi. I am very sorry for this very newbish/noobish question, but I
> am
> wondering if this is a problem or not in a 64 bit Vista. I have
> searched through the internet, and this forum itself too, but none
> of
> the solutions seem to work. Everytime I open audios and videos, the
> audios and videos I recently open up never gets added in the Recent
> Items in the Startup. When I open up other types of files such as
> pictures, documents, and applications, they get added into the
> Recent
> Items. I would very much like to be able to go into my Recent Items
> in
> Startup and click on my audios and/or videos that way than go into
> my
> drivers and folders to access them. As always, help is always
> appreciated, and thanks in advance!
>

> --
> i100s

i100s

Re: Recent Items

--
i100s
H Brown

Re: Recent Items

> H Brown;1013108 Wrote:
>>
>> If by that you mean you have played a Audio Cd or a movie DVD in
>> your
>> player(s) and now you want to later use Recent items to play those
>> files.
>>
>> H Brown
>>
>> "i100s" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:6112c486cb2470e8afd015c750cf1833@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
>> >
>> > Yes, that's what I really meant by. I just want to go to my
>> > Recent
>> > Items in Startup, and click on the media I just played. Would I
>> > have to
>> > manually add shortcuts for the media in Recent Items myself?
>> > Thanks for
>> > the reply by the way!

> --
> i100s

To use the Recent Items for what you are wanting to do the media
(disk) would need to be in the hardware devise.
Other wise you should get information when you clicked on the shortcut
in Recent Items that you need to do so.
As far as manually adding shortcuts to the Recent Items would do you
no good. The recent items are all shortcuts to begin with.
You may find it better to use subfolders in your Video folder or Audio
folder for you favorites and you could create shortcuts to those
files.
You really don't have a problem here. I don't think the Recent Items
folder was meant to be used for other than a way to get to Recent
files you have opened
as a reminder as to the location of the file.

H Brown