Parsonal Folder doubled

=?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2FsIEZsbw==?=

Parsonal Folder doubled
Hello,

I have WIN Vista Home Premium in french. I moved personal folder (documents,
contacts, video, ...) from C to D drive. All was OK except for Pictures and
videos folders. Windows always re-creates new folder in C drive. How can I
avoid this ?

Many thanks.

P.
Keith Miller MVP

Re: Parsonal Folder doubled
Did you use the 'Location' tab in the folder's Properties dialog to relocate
the folders?

If you type the following commands in the 'Start Search' box, which folders
open -- the ones on C: or the ones on D:?

shell:My Pictures
shell:My Video

Are the folders on C recreated immediately? Or when certain software is
run?

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Pascal Flo" <PascalFlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have WIN Vista Home Premium in french. I moved personal folder
> (documents,
> contacts, video, ...) from C to D drive. All was OK except for Pictures
> and
> videos folders. Windows always re-creates new folder in C drive. How can I
> avoid this ?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> P.

=?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2FsIEZsbw==?=

Re: Parsonal Folder doubled
Yes, I use 'location' and I replaced the C by a D.

Folders are created when I restart. Search give C: place and D: place seem
to be a shortcut. There is no 'location' tab in the new folders created on C:.

Thanks for your help.
P.

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> Did you use the 'Location' tab in the folder's Properties dialog to relocate
> the folders?
>
> If you type the following commands in the 'Start Search' box, which folders
> open -- the ones on C: or the ones on D:?
>
> shell:My Pictures
> shell:My Video
>
> Are the folders on C recreated immediately? Or when certain software is
> run?
>

> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Pascal Flo" <PascalFlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have WIN Vista Home Premium in french. I moved personal folder
> > (documents,
> > contacts, video, ...) from C to D drive. All was OK except for Pictures
> > and
> > videos folders. Windows always re-creates new folder in C drive. How can I
> > avoid this ?
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > P.

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Parsonal Folder doubled
Check in Windows Media Player:

Tools -> Options -> 'Monitor Folders...' -> 'Advanced Options >>'

and see if any of the monitored folders reflect the 'C:\...' path.

If they show as manually added, you can delete them. If the show as
'Automatically added', you can ignore them. The Rip folder can be
redirected via the 'Rip Music' tab in the Options dialog.

If that's not it, we'll need to figure out what application is creating the
folders.

--

> Yes, I use 'location' and I replaced the C by a D.
>
> Folders are created when I restart. Search give C: place and D: place seem
> to be a shortcut. There is no 'location' tab in the new folders created on
> C:.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> P.
>

> "Keith Miller MVP" wrote:
>
>> Did you use the 'Location' tab in the folder's Properties dialog to
>> relocate
>> the folders?
>>
>> If you type the following commands in the 'Start Search' box, which
>> folders
>> open -- the ones on C: or the ones on D:?
>>
>> shell:My Pictures
>> shell:My Video
>>
>> Are the folders on C recreated immediately? Or when certain software is
>> run?
>>

>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "Pascal Flo" <PascalFlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have WIN Vista Home Premium in french. I moved personal folder
>> > (documents,
>> > contacts, video, ...) from C to D drive. All was OK except for Pictures
>> > and
>> > videos folders. Windows always re-creates new folder in C drive. How
>> > can I
>> > avoid this ?
>> >
>> > Many thanks.
>> >
>> > P.

=?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2FsIEZsbw==?=

Re: Parsonal Folder doubled
I tried and it doesn't work. Folders are recreated on startup.

Is it a language issue (bug) ? (my WIN is in french, folders created are in
english)
P.