Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Folder Permissions

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2007
Rat_uk
 

Posts: n/a
Folder Permissions
I moved my docs folder to another partition and changed the permissions so
that no other user could access it. I also changed the ownership to my user
name.

now, it won't let me in, saying that i don't have permission!

according to settings in the security tab, i am the owner and have 'full
control' over the folder and all sub containers but everytime i open a file
or photograph it says i don't have the user permissions to access it.

any ideas?

p.s. would system restore correct this or does it not affect folder
security?


steve.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2007
Lee
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Permissions

"Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:uZBDZaRfHHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I moved my docs folder to another partition and changed the permissions so
>that no other user could access it. I also changed the ownership to my user
>name.
>
> now, it won't let me in, saying that i don't have permission!
>
> according to settings in the security tab, i am the owner and have 'full
> control' over the folder and all sub containers but everytime i open a
> file or photograph it says i don't have the user permissions to access it.
>
> any ideas?
>
> p.s. would system restore correct this or does it not affect folder
> security?


Locate cmd.exe with Quick Search and rt-click Run as Administrator. Change
the prompt to the partition where your docs folder is stored, then
copy ->rt-click/paste the following command:

icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

and hit Enter

Lee



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2007
Lee
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Permissions

"Lee" <not@chance.ever> wrote in message
news:uHoZssffHHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:uZBDZaRfHHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I moved my docs folder to another partition and changed the permissions so
>>that no other user could access it. I also changed the ownership to my
>>user name.
>>
>> now, it won't let me in, saying that i don't have permission!
>>
>> according to settings in the security tab, i am the owner and have 'full
>> control' over the folder and all sub containers but everytime i open a
>> file or photograph it says i don't have the user permissions to access
>> it.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> p.s. would system restore correct this or does it not affect folder
>> security?

>
> Locate cmd.exe with Quick Search and rt-click Run as Administrator. Change
> the prompt to the partition where your docs folder is stored, then
> copy ->rt-click/paste the following command:
>
> icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
>
> and hit Enter


Sorry, wrong folder, try instead

icacls documents /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

It takes a minute or so to complete.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2007
Rat_uk
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Permissions
good stuff


thanks


"Lee" <not@chance.ever> wrote in message
news:ePgTEEgfHHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "Lee" <not@chance.ever> wrote in message
> news:uHoZssffHHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news:uZBDZaRfHHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>I moved my docs folder to another partition and changed the permissions
>>>so that no other user could access it. I also changed the ownership to my
>>>user name.
>>>
>>> now, it won't let me in, saying that i don't have permission!
>>>
>>> according to settings in the security tab, i am the owner and have 'full
>>> control' over the folder and all sub containers but everytime i open a
>>> file or photograph it says i don't have the user permissions to access
>>> it.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> p.s. would system restore correct this or does it not affect folder
>>> security?

>>
>> Locate cmd.exe with Quick Search and rt-click Run as Administrator.
>> Change the prompt to the partition where your docs folder is stored, then
>> copy ->rt-click/paste the following command:
>>
>> icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
>>
>> and hit Enter

>
> Sorry, wrong folder, try instead
>
> icacls documents /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
>
> It takes a minute or so to complete.
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Folder Permissions Neil microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 11 04-12-2007 14:37
Folder gives me no permissions??? T.J. microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 9 03-23-2007 22:10
Permissions =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 03:12
Permissions Rat_UK microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 02-06-2007 20:44




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120