View Options

Gene L.

View Options
Although I have tried to have files open in a uniform way, I have not been
able to do this with the Windows Vista Control Panel. Under "view" I would
prefer a "List" rather than large or medium sized Icons. I have tried
checking various boxes under Folder Options but have not been able to
standardize a list view, Can you help me with this?

Many thanks:

Gene L.

Night Hawk

Re: View Options

Gene L.;990866 Wrote:
> Although I have tried to have files open in a uniform way, I have not
> been
> able to do this with the Windows Vista Control Panel. Under "view" I
> would
> prefer a "List" rather than large or medium sized Icons. I have tried
> checking various boxes under Folder Options but have not been able to
> standardize a list view, Can you help me with this?
>
> Many thanks:
>
> Gene L.

That won't be found in the Control Panel but the menu bar>view of any
explorer window you have open. Each time you move into a sub folder or
out to a main folder you will need to go up to the view dropdown list
and click the list option.

--
Night Hawk
Bookman

Re: View Options
Gene,

I believe "drumz" has the answer to your question in the thread "How do I
apply a custom view..." dated 3/4/09.

"Gene L." <elieve@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Although I have tried to have files open in a uniform way, I have not been
> able to do this with the Windows Vista Control Panel. Under "view" I would
> prefer a "List" rather than large or medium sized Icons. I have tried
> checking various boxes under Folder Options but have not been able to
> standardize a list view, Can you help me with this?
>
> Many thanks:
>
> Gene L.

Manny Weisbord

Re: View Options
"Bookman" <mceschner@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Gene,
>
>I believe "drumz" has the answer to your question in the thread "How do I
>apply a custom view..." dated 3/4/09.

How would you suggest that "Gene" find that message/thread??
Gordon

Re: View Options
Manny Weisbord wrote:
> "Bookman" <mceschner@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Gene,
>>
>> I believe "drumz" has the answer to your question in the thread "How do I
>> apply a custom view..." dated 3/4/09.

> How would you suggest that "Gene" find that message/thread??

Well...errr...how about doing a SEARCH??????
Brink

Re: View Options

Hello Gene,

You can apply Method Two in the tutorial below for this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Manny Weisbord

Re: View Options
Gordon <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Manny Weisbord wrote:
>> "Bookman" <mceschner@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Gene,
>>>
>>> I believe "drumz" has the answer to your question in the thread "How do I
>>> apply a custom view..." dated 3/4/09.

>> How would you suggest that "Gene" find that message/thread??

>Well...errr...how about doing a SEARCH??????

Did that... Google Groups "author=drumz".

Nothing similar.
Gordon

Re: View Options
Manny Weisbord wrote:
> Gordon <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Manny Weisbord wrote:

>>> How would you suggest that "Gene" find that message/thread??

>> Well...errr...how about doing a SEARCH??????

> Did that... Google Groups "author=drumz".
>
> Nothing similar.

Why use Googlegroups? Search in your newsreader on "custom".
Mine showed it straight away...
Manny Weisbord

Re: View Options
Gordon <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Manny Weisbord wrote:
>> Gordon <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Well...errr...how about doing a SEARCH??????

>> Did that... Google Groups "author=drumz".
>>
>> Nothing similar.

>Why use Googlegroups? Search in your newsreader on "custom".
>Mine showed it straight away...

Umm... maybe because I don't keep old threads/posts, and don't want to
collect a bazillion past posts to find one that I should be able to
quickly find on Google Groups - which, unfortunately, has become
really troublesome recently.
Gordon

Re: View Options
Manny Weisbord wrote:
> Gordon <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Manny Weisbord wrote:

>>> Did that... Google Groups "author=drumz".
>>>
>>> Nothing similar.

>> Why use Googlegroups? Search in your newsreader on "custom".
>> Mine showed it straight away...

> Umm... maybe because I don't keep old threads/posts, and don't want to
> collect a bazillion past posts to find one that I should be able to
> quickly find on Google Groups - which, unfortunately, has become
> really troublesome recently.

Err it's only 10 days ago and this is NOT a high volume group...