Don't deposit files in the Document Folder

KenRob

Don't deposit files in the Document Folder

How do I stop email attachments, Excel, Word, files, etc from parking in
the Document Folder. I always choose my own folders to store things I am
keeping and likewise deleting them. Having to go into the Doc. Folder
and delete accumulated stuff is a PAIN.

I am new to forum and may not be able to find a reply so please also
reply to my email raketer@olypen.com

KenRob

--
KenRob
Sonny Wortzik

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:14:20 -0500, KenRob <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>How do I stop email attachments, Excel, Word, files, etc from parking in
>the Document Folder. I always choose my own folders to store things I am
>keeping and likewise deleting them. Having to go into the Doc. Folder
>and delete accumulated stuff is a PAIN.
>
>I am new to forum and may not be able to find a reply so please also
>reply to my email raketer@olypen.com
>
>KenRob

Naaaa.... that would be a PAIN.
Dave

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
What email program do you use?
The program should be able to save to a certain folder, or remember and save
to the last folder you selected.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"KenRob" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> How do I stop email attachments, Excel, Word, files, etc from parking in
> the Document Folder. I always choose my own folders to store things I am
> keeping and likewise deleting them. Having to go into the Doc. Folder
> and delete accumulated stuff is a PAIN.
>
> I am new to forum and may not be able to find a reply so please also
> reply to my email raketer@olypen.com
>
> KenRob
>

> --
> KenRob

KenRob

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder

I can and do save to folders of my choice and then deleter the
emails/pics, etc. from Windows Mail but these file names and messages
keep showing up in the Document folder. The Doc folder even fills up
with files I haven't worked on or viewed for some time. It just seems to
reach out and grab stuff. I have to keep going to the Doc folder and
manually deleting things to keep it empty. Thank you for responding.

Ken

--
KenRob
Dave Warren

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
In message <768ca0ca9ea89357b3097d040d1e1629@nntp-gateway.com> KenRob
<guest@unknown-email.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>How do I stop email attachments, Excel, Word, files, etc from parking in
>the Document Folder. I always choose my own folders to store things I am
>keeping and likewise deleting them. Having to go into the Doc. Folder
>and delete accumulated stuff is a PAIN.

Exactly as described above, you "Choose your own folders"

Software is generally not smart enough to figure out what you want
unless you tell it how and what to do, so it falls back on a logical
default.

Rather then fighting, you might find it more productive to redirect My
Documents to where you store your data, thereby giving software a hint
as to where to start.
KenRob

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder

Thanks for your reply. I guess I am still not clearly stating the
problem. I have a variety of folders in which I save documents,
spreadsheets, pictures and a variety of other things. My default for
Word and Excel is properly set up in where to send files, etc. Other
items are saved to an external USB hard drive into those folders.

When I go to the start menu button and then to "documents" I find all
kinds of things have deposited there. Some pictures, some emails that I
deleted and did not save, Exel spreadsheets, etc, etc. Unwanted stuff
that has already been directed to appropriate folders.

Even after I laboriously delete all the stuff in that documents folder
the damned thing seems to reach out grab more stuff and park it there.
Even things I haven't worked with, pulled up or viewed in a long time.
And, the stuff it grabs is a duplicate file name of things in their
proper folders elsewhere. Why is it selectively grabbing some files
names but not others? Why does it do this at all?

I guess this is some kind of unique problem with my system but thanks
again for taking the trouble of replying.

I had hoped that someone else had suffered the same problem and found a
solution on how to shut the damnend thing down.

Ken

--
KenRob
DL

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
If you are getting Office docs within Documents folder, when previously you
had set default the folder locations within the office component, then
something else is putting them there

As to win Mail, which I assume is the mail app you are using, there is no
obvoius reason as to why msgs are apearing there, I'm not sure where Mail
stores attachments you have opened, I would have assumed it would be similar
to Outlook where they are stored in a temp file

You appear to have something perculiar going on with your sys

> Thanks for your reply. I guess I am still not clearly stating the
> problem. I have a variety of folders in which I save documents,
> spreadsheets, pictures and a variety of other things. My default for
> Word and Excel is properly set up in where to send files, etc. Other
> items are saved to an external USB hard drive into those folders.
>
> When I go to the start menu button and then to "documents" I find all
> kinds of things have deposited there. Some pictures, some emails that I
> deleted and did not save, Exel spreadsheets, etc, etc. Unwanted stuff
> that has already been directed to appropriate folders.
>
> Even after I laboriously delete all the stuff in that documents folder
> the damned thing seems to reach out grab more stuff and park it there.
> Even things I haven't worked with, pulled up or viewed in a long time.
> And, the stuff it grabs is a duplicate file name of things in their
> proper folders elsewhere. Why is it selectively grabbing some files
> names but not others? Why does it do this at all?
>
> I guess this is some kind of unique problem with my system but thanks
> again for taking the trouble of replying.
>
> I had hoped that someone else had suffered the same problem and found a
> solution on how to shut the damnend thing down.
>
> Ken
>

> --
> KenRob

Dave

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
I've not heard of this problem in the past 2 years of reading these Vista
newsgroups.
Are you using Vista?

In Windows 7 beta, the Start - Documents opens the Documents Library, which
can show the contents of multiple folders.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail

"KenRob" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for your reply. I guess I am still not clearly stating the
> problem. I have a variety of folders in which I save documents,
> spreadsheets, pictures and a variety of other things. My default for
> Word and Excel is properly set up in where to send files, etc. Other
> items are saved to an external USB hard drive into those folders.
>
> When I go to the start menu button and then to "documents" I find all
> kinds of things have deposited there. Some pictures, some emails that I
> deleted and did not save, Exel spreadsheets, etc, etc. Unwanted stuff
> that has already been directed to appropriate folders.
>
> Even after I laboriously delete all the stuff in that documents folder
> the damned thing seems to reach out grab more stuff and park it there.
> Even things I haven't worked with, pulled up or viewed in a long time.
> And, the stuff it grabs is a duplicate file name of things in their
> proper folders elsewhere. Why is it selectively grabbing some files
> names but not others? Why does it do this at all?
>
> I guess this is some kind of unique problem with my system but thanks
> again for taking the trouble of replying.
>
> I had hoped that someone else had suffered the same problem and found a
> solution on how to shut the damnend thing down.
>
> Ken
>

> --
> KenRob

KenRob

Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder

Yes, Vista, Office and Winmail. I will continue to thrash around and see
if there is some option or preference I have failed to locate. I am
mostly baffeled why it picks up file names I haven't used since the last
time i deleted everything in the Start Document window.

I guess everyone needs a nagging problem.

Ken

--
KenRob

Furdulkar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Don't deposit files in the Document Folder
Encrypt and hide your folders, files, pictures, documents in a ... We do not
host any torrent files or links of Folder Vault from depositfiles.com, ... You
don't have to create separate user accounts or use the NTFS file
Free Sex Pictures 3d sex games