Deleting Files and clean space, yet I keep losing room??

Robert Wolfe

Deleting Files and clean space, yet I keep losing room??
-> I started Deleting Files and cleaning space, yet my drive shows I'm
-> losing space?? What is going on?

Are you cleaning your temporary internet files, cookies and browser
cache when you do you hard drive cleanup? You also might want to check
and make sure that you uninstall software that you are sure you are no
longer using.
Malke

Re: Deleting Files and clean space, yet I keep losing room??
Robert Wolfe wrote:

> -> I started Deleting Files and cleaning space, yet my drive shows I'm
> -> losing space?? What is going on?
>
> Are you cleaning your temporary internet files, cookies and browser
> cache when you do you hard drive cleanup? You also might want to check
> and make sure that you uninstall software that you are sure you are no
> longer using.

To whom are you writing? While you did quote a little bit of the original
post, you started a new thread. Please see below for a better way to access
Usenet.

=====
Thanks for the information, but no one knows to whom you are giving this
information since you are not posting on a real forum as you think you are.
You are using a web interface that leeches Usenet posts and most of the
rest of us are using real newsreaders. We don't see what you do. If you
want to participate in Usenet, the better way is to set up a newsreader.
This is very easy to do and I'll give you information about that below. If
you prefer to use a forum, then here are two excellent ones:

http://forum.aumha.org/index.php
http://http://computerhaven.info/

Since you are using a web interface, you may not realize that this is really
a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use
a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can use
Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) since you already have it.
Here are some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/ - Usenet FAQs from the Internet FAQ Archives
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief explanation
of newsgroups

Outlook Express/Windows Mail as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is working
properly
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/munad.htm - how to munge email address
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting - crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting