Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself

hypnoticstate

Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself

I constantly am finding that i have to go in to control panel> Indexing
options to re-submit the locations that i want Vista to index for
searches. Why does it keep clearing itself and anyone know of a
solution?

Thanks.

--
hypnoticstate
hypnoticstate

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself

Shameless bump for this annoying problem.

--
hypnoticstate
Joe Buck

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 06:59:13 -0600, hypnoticstate
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Shameless bump for this annoying problem.

You're not on a bulletin board... you're on Usenet.

"Bump" doesn't work out here. All we see is the "Bump" post, nothing
else.
Peter Foldes

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself
Joe

That is because they are leeching off the ms newsgroup servers with their posts.
Just have to learn to ignore these leech posts

--
Peter

"Joe Buck" <joebuck@midnight.cowboy.invalid> wrote in message
news88lq4p71euf2ns6oa9rmu4ku0e16bh6fc@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 06:59:13 -0600, hypnoticstate
> <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:
>

>>Shameless bump for this annoying problem.

> You're not on a bulletin board... you're on Usenet.
>
> "Bump" doesn't work out here. All we see is the "Bump" post, nothing
> else.

Joe Buck

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:04:46 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Joe
>
>That is because they are leeching off the ms newsgroup servers with their posts.
>Just have to learn to ignore these leech posts

Actually... since the OP's posts originated on a vBulletin gateway,
the "leeching" might be looked at in reverse.

It's on the OP's fault - it's the fault of the person who owns the
board and who is profiting from registrations and who is not telling
the registrants what's going on.

The anti-"leecher" campaign should be against the moderator/owner, not
the poor schlub who is using the interface.

Peter Foldes

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself
Joe

Read the post again. I said ""they"" not the OP

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:55:03 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Joe
>
>Read the post again. I said ""they"" not the OP

You might as well have said "OP".

Your foolish do-not-reply-because-it's-a-"leech"-post campaign
punishes the poster, not the owner/moderator of the vBulletin board.

>--
>Peter
>
>Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>
>"Joe Buck" <joebuck@midnight.cowboy.invalid> wrote in message
>news:euvlq49n1mvooek1j9g7nstmhhta8k127v@4ax.com.. .
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:04:46 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Joe
>>>
>>>That is because they are leeching off the ms newsgroup servers with their posts.
>>>Just have to learn to ignore these leech posts

>> Actually... since the OP's posts originated on a vBulletin gateway,
>> the "leeching" might be looked at in reverse.
>>
>> It's on the OP's fault - it's the fault of the person who owns the
>> board and who is profiting from registrations and who is not telling
>> the registrants what's going on.
>>
>> The anti-"leecher" campaign should be against the moderator/owner, not
>> the poor schlub who is using the interface.

hypnoticstate

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself

OK, i'm the OP and i don't have a clue what we're talking about, but non
of it answers my questions.

--
hypnoticstate
hypnoticstate

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself

anyone?

--
hypnoticstate
R. C. White

Re: Vista Search Index Always Erases Itself
Hi, hypnoticstate.

What Joe Buck and Peter Foldes are trying to tell you is that you are being
misled by whoever operates the "forum" where you are a "guest". You
probably had to create that username and a password - which gave you a phony
sense of "belonging" to the forum - and maybe an expectation of some kind of
privacy and even some "inside information" that only other forum "members"
can supply.

What really is happening is that the "forum" operators simply used the
"vBulletin USENET gateway" to forward your post to the Microsoft public
servers. If there are any responses, that "gateway" is supposed to relay
them back to your "forum" so that you can read them, along with any
process is not always perfect, so messages are often late or out of
sequence - or just plain lost. This frustrates you, the "forum member", and
it frustrates us who are trying to help out in the Microsoft Usenet
newsgroups (also known as Microsoft Communities or discussion groups)
because we often get only a part of the conversation, often missing The Rest
of the Story. :>(

Why do "forums" operate this way? Often because they can use your posts and
mine to generate revenue from "Ads by Google" or other such advertisers.
While there are respectable forum operators who provide value by
disseminating useful information - and many such operators are experts
themselves and add useful content of their own - many do nothing but relay
posts "leech" any responses by helpers who take the time to reply, and
pocket the ad revenue.

If you'd like to cut out the middleman and post your question directly to
this newsgroup, just click here:

That one click - unless blocked by something like a corporate firewall -
should start your default newsreader, connect you to the Microsoft public
news server (which is free and does not require a logon), open THIS
newsgroup, download the 300 newest messages here and display the latest one
for you to read. Later, if you like this interface, you can customize it to
suit the way YOU use newsgroups.

Try it. I think you'll like it! ;<)

RC
--