Computer Tiles View Messed Up

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBNYw==?=

Computer Tiles View Messed Up
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with the "Computer" folder in Vista. The
tiles have all messed up... they're supposed to have little funky blue
free-space indicators on, and they're only supposed to take up a little bit
of room... but the one's in my Vista Computer folder don't.

Its hard to explain, so I've done some little screenshots to help...

This is what its supposed to look like (I took the screenshot when I was
logged on to another account):
http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer1.png

This is what I have, for some unknown reason:
http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer2.png

And, when selected the tiles are stretched out all the way accross the width
of the window:
http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer3.png

Anyone know how to get it back to the way it should be? It's really
annoying, I have to scroll to get to some of the stuff at the bottom when it
used to fit all into one view... and I don't get the cool blue bar thing
either. :S

Thanks
Michael
Keith Miller MVP

Re: Computer Tiles View Messed Up
Looks like the 'Extended Tile' view that's available to the Sync Center
somehow got applied to your 'Computer' folder.

It's tied up with your saved folder views now, so the quick fix is to delete
all saved views. To do this:

Close all folders.

Start Search -> regedit<enter>

Navigate to:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell"

and delete the two subkeys named 'BagMRU' & 'Bags'

Log off & back on before opening any folders.

If you've worked long & hard on your folder views and don't want to lose
them all, Let me know & I'll post a more surgical solution.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Michael Mc" <MichaelMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with the "Computer" folder in Vista. The
> tiles have all messed up... they're supposed to have little funky blue
> free-space indicators on, and they're only supposed to take up a little
> bit
> of room... but the one's in my Vista Computer folder don't.
>
> Its hard to explain, so I've done some little screenshots to help...
>
> This is what its supposed to look like (I took the screenshot when I was
> logged on to another account):
> http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer1.png
>
> This is what I have, for some unknown reason:
> http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer2.png
>
> And, when selected the tiles are stretched out all the way accross the
> width
> of the window:
> http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer3.png
>
> Anyone know how to get it back to the way it should be? It's really
> annoying, I have to scroll to get to some of the stuff at the bottom when
> it
> used to fit all into one view... and I don't get the cool blue bar thing
> either. :S
>
> Thanks
> Michael

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBNYw==?=

Re: Computer Tiles View Messed Up
Hey, thanks! It worked!

You've no idea how long that's been bugging me.

Thank you

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> Looks like the 'Extended Tile' view that's available to the Sync Center
> somehow got applied to your 'Computer' folder.
>
> It's tied up with your saved folder views now, so the quick fix is to delete
> all saved views. To do this:
>
> Close all folders.
>
> Start Search -> regedit<enter>
>
> Navigate to:
>
> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
> Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell"
>
> and delete the two subkeys named 'BagMRU' & 'Bags'
>
> Log off & back on before opening any folders.
>
> If you've worked long & hard on your folder views and don't want to lose
> them all, Let me know & I'll post a more surgical solution.
>

> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Michael Mc" <MichaelMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with the "Computer" folder in Vista. The
> > tiles have all messed up... they're supposed to have little funky blue
> > free-space indicators on, and they're only supposed to take up a little
> > bit
> > of room... but the one's in my Vista Computer folder don't.
> >
> > Its hard to explain, so I've done some little screenshots to help...
> >
> > This is what its supposed to look like (I took the screenshot when I was
> > logged on to another account):
> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer1.png
> >
> > This is what I have, for some unknown reason:
> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer2.png
> >
> > And, when selected the tiles are stretched out all the way accross the
> > width
> > of the window:
> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer3.png
> >
> > Anyone know how to get it back to the way it should be? It's really
> > annoying, I have to scroll to get to some of the stuff at the bottom when
> > it
> > used to fit all into one view... and I don't get the cool blue bar thing
> > either. :S
> >
> > Thanks
> > Michael

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Computer Tiles View Messed Up
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

--

> Hey, thanks! It worked!
>
> You've no idea how long that's been bugging me.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Keith Miller MVP" wrote:
>
>> Looks like the 'Extended Tile' view that's available to the Sync Center
>> somehow got applied to your 'Computer' folder.
>>
>> It's tied up with your saved folder views now, so the quick fix is to
>> delete
>> all saved views. To do this:
>>
>> Close all folders.
>>
>> Start Search -> regedit<enter>
>>
>> Navigate to:
>>
>> "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
>> Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell"
>>
>> and delete the two subkeys named 'BagMRU' & 'Bags'
>>
>> Log off & back on before opening any folders.
>>
>> If you've worked long & hard on your folder views and don't want to lose
>> them all, Let me know & I'll post a more surgical solution.
>>

>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "Michael Mc" <MichaelMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with the "Computer" folder in Vista.
>> > The
>> > tiles have all messed up... they're supposed to have little funky blue
>> > free-space indicators on, and they're only supposed to take up a little
>> > bit
>> > of room... but the one's in my Vista Computer folder don't.
>> >
>> > Its hard to explain, so I've done some little screenshots to help...
>> >
>> > This is what its supposed to look like (I took the screenshot when I
>> > was
>> > logged on to another account):
>> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer1.png
>> >
>> > This is what I have, for some unknown reason:
>> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer2.png
>> >
>> > And, when selected the tiles are stretched out all the way accross the
>> > width
>> > of the window:
>> > http://www.project-online-m.co.uk/re.../computer3.png
>> >
>> > Anyone know how to get it back to the way it should be? It's really
>> > annoying, I have to scroll to get to some of the stuff at the bottom
>> > when
>> > it
>> > used to fit all into one view... and I don't get the cool blue bar
>> > thing
>> > either. :S
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Michael

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBNYw==?=

Re: Computer Tiles View Messed Up
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was away from my computer for a bit.

Anyway, thanks again... it was driving me up the wall.

Enjoy the sunshine