Offline files location and how to change it

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXb29k?=

Offline files location and how to change it
I have a new laptop runnung Vista with twin hard disks. I want to a: clean up
my c drive and b: reclaim the space used by offline files, and tell Vista to
store the offline (sync) files on the second hard disk. I am trying to sync
my music library and need to move the synced copy to the largest partition in
the laptop
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Offline files location and how to change it
The Filing Cabinet : Moving the Offline Files Cache in Windows Vista:
http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/arc...ows-vista.aspx

--
Regards,

"Phil Wood" <blurt@clopp.co.uk> wrote in message news:315DDBEF-7E18-4B8E-8CCC-CD4AB3E30305@microsoft.com...
I have a new laptop runnung Vista with twin hard disks. I want to a: clean up
my c drive and b: reclaim the space used by offline files, and tell Vista to
store the offline (sync) files on the second hard disk. I am trying to sync
my music library and need to move the synced copy to the largest partition in
the laptop
=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBXb29k?=

Re: Offline files location and how to change it
Thank you, it worked. What a terribly long winded way to make the change
though, I think an addition to the offline files applet in Control Panel or
the sync manager is called for.
Thanks!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> The Filing Cabinet : Moving the Offline Files Cache in Windows Vista:
> http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/arc...ows-vista.aspx
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Phil Wood" <blurt@clopp.co.uk> wrote in message news:315DDBEF-7E18-4B8E-8CCC-CD4AB3E30305@microsoft.com...
> I have a new laptop runnung Vista with twin hard disks. I want to a: clean up
> my c drive and b: reclaim the space used by offline files, and tell Vista to
> store the offline (sync) files on the second hard disk. I am trying to sync
> my music library and need to move the synced copy to the largest partition in
> the laptop

Ken Heine

Re: Offline files location and how to change it
Why not just telling where to find these files? I am able to move files by
myself... I dont have to call a mechanic to move my car either...