un zip files using vista

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaWVv?=

un zip files using vista
when I download from my email and try to retrieve the file from a zipped file
it tells me that it cannot be opened because format not supported, I have
been having so much trouble with this and its very frustrating. I need the
"easy" version please.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: un zip files using vista
Rosieo

You need to right click the ZIP file and select the "Extract" menu item.

You will be prompted about where you want the files extracted to (the
default is to create a folder with the zip files name at the location where
the zip file is being extracted).

Place a check mark in the "Show extracted files when complete" option and
the folder will open with the extracted files showing.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"rosieo" <rosieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I download from my email and try to retrieve the file from a zipped
> file
> it tells me that it cannot be opened because format not supported, I have
> been having so much trouble with this and its very frustrating. I need the
> "easy" version please.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaWVv?=

Re: un zip files using vista
I tried to redownload and I dont see an extract prompt anywhere. I re did it
and they are in my documents but I cant open them because file format not
currently supported. I know this is probably really easy to do but I am
missing something, maybe further computer education would help... thanks
for the help, any other suggestions?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Rosieo
>
> You need to right click the ZIP file and select the "Extract" menu item.
>
> You will be prompted about where you want the files extracted to (the
> default is to create a folder with the zip files name at the location where
> the zip file is being extracted).
>
> Place a check mark in the "Show extracted files when complete" option and
> the folder will open with the extracted files showing.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "rosieo" <rosieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when I download from my email and try to retrieve the file from a zipped
> > file
> > it tells me that it cannot be opened because format not supported, I have
> > been having so much trouble with this and its very frustrating. I need the
> > "easy" version please.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zaWVv?=

Re: un zip files using vista
ok, now I downloaded turbozip and followed all the directions to get it
installed and I tried to redownload the zipped file. It said that files were
downloaded and extracted then when I try to click on it it still says file
format not supported.

"rosieo" wrote:

> I tried to redownload and I dont see an extract prompt anywhere. I re did it
> and they are in my documents but I cant open them because file format not
> currently supported. I know this is probably really easy to do but I am
> missing something, maybe further computer education would help... thanks
> for the help, any other suggestions?
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
> > Rosieo
> >
> > You need to right click the ZIP file and select the "Extract" menu item.
> >
> > You will be prompted about where you want the files extracted to (the
> > default is to create a folder with the zip files name at the location where
> > the zip file is being extracted).
> >
> > Place a check mark in the "Show extracted files when complete" option and
> > the folder will open with the extracted files showing.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "rosieo" <rosieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > when I download from my email and try to retrieve the file from a zipped
> > > file
> > > it tells me that it cannot be opened because format not supported, I have
> > > been having so much trouble with this and its very frustrating. I need the
> > > "easy" version please.

Kerry Brown

Re: un zip files using vista
It sounds like the zip file is corrupted.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> ok, now I downloaded turbozip and followed all the directions to get it
> installed and I tried to redownload the zipped file. It said that files
> were
> downloaded and extracted then when I try to click on it it still says file
> format not supported.
>
> "rosieo" wrote:
>
>> I tried to redownload and I dont see an extract prompt anywhere. I re did
>> it
>> and they are in my documents but I cant open them because file format not
>> currently supported. I know this is probably really easy to do but I am
>> missing something, maybe further computer education would help...
>> thanks
>> for the help, any other suggestions?
>>
>> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Rosieo
>> >
>> > You need to right click the ZIP file and select the "Extract" menu
>> > item.
>> >
>> > You will be prompted about where you want the files extracted to (the
>> > default is to create a folder with the zip files name at the location
>> > where
>> > the zip file is being extracted).
>> >
>> > Place a check mark in the "Show extracted files when complete" option
>> > and
>> > the folder will open with the extracted files showing.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Ronnie Vernon
>> > Microsoft MVP
>> > Windows Shell/User

Keith Miller MVP

Re: un zip files using vista
It sounds like your problem is not with the zip file but with its contents.
What is the extension or type of the file in the zip folder? Do you have
the appropriate software to open it?

--
Good Luck,

Keith