Windows Explorer Window Size

Vista Advocate - Now

Windows Explorer Window Size
How the devil do I get the window size I choose to stick? I've tried the
shift button thingie and it's OK for a while, then explorer decides to do
its own thing an resize the window again.

Also - Is there a way to collapse what comes up under desktop in Explorer.
All I want to see are the drives not the other rubbish.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size
Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Windows Explorer
shortcut and select Pin To Start Menu. This will place the shortcut in a
handy location on the top/left section of the start menu.

Go to this shortcut and right click, select Properties/Shortcut Tab.

In the Target Line, copy/paste the following:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,

This will open Explorer with the drives showing and everything collapsed.

In the Run line, click the drop down menu and select the size you want when
it opens.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Vista Advocate - Now" <[c_nulli@hotmail.com]> wrote in message
> How the devil do I get the window size I choose to stick? I've tried the
> shift button thingie and it's OK for a while, then explorer decides to do
> its own thing an resize the window again.
>
> Also - Is there a way to collapse what comes up under desktop in Explorer.
> All I want to see are the drives not the other rubbish.

zoner@cox.nospam.net

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size
Great tip. Thanks.

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:56:31 -0700, "Ronnie Vernon MVP"
<rv@invalid.org> wrote:

>Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Windows Explorer
>shortcut and select Pin To Start Menu. This will place the shortcut in a
>handy location on the top/left section of the start menu.
>
>Go to this shortcut and right click, select Properties/Shortcut Tab.
>
>In the Target Line, copy/paste the following:
>
>%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>
>This will open Explorer with the drives showing and everything collapsed.
>
>In the Run line, click the drop down menu and select the size you want when
>it opens.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size
Your welcome, glad this helped.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

<zoner@cox.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Great tip. Thanks.
>
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:56:31 -0700, "Ronnie Vernon MVP"
> <rv@invalid.org> wrote:
>
>>Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Windows Explorer
>>shortcut and select Pin To Start Menu. This will place the shortcut in a
>>handy location on the top/left section of the start menu.
>>
>>Go to this shortcut and right click, select Properties/Shortcut Tab.
>>
>>In the Target Line, copy/paste the following:
>>
>>%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>>
>>This will open Explorer with the drives showing and everything collapsed.
>>
>>In the Run line, click the drop down menu and select the size you want
>>when
>>it opens.

Vista Advocate - Now

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size
Thank you Ronnie. A rather convoluted solution, but it certainly did the
trick.

Rgds

BC

> Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Windows Explorer
> shortcut and select Pin To Start Menu. This will place the shortcut in a
> handy location on the top/left section of the start menu.
>
> Go to this shortcut and right click, select Properties/Shortcut Tab.
>
> In the Target Line, copy/paste the following:
>
> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>
> This will open Explorer with the drives showing and everything collapsed.
>
> In the Run line, click the drop down menu and select the size you want
> when it opens.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Vista Advocate - Now" <[c_nulli@hotmail.com]> wrote in message
>> How the devil do I get the window size I choose to stick? I've tried the
>> shift button thingie and it's OK for a while, then explorer decides to do
>> its own thing an resize the window again.
>>
>> Also - Is there a way to collapse what comes up under desktop in
>> Explorer. All I want to see are the drives not the other rubbish.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size
Convoluted, I agree.

Glad this helped.

--

> Thank you Ronnie. A rather convoluted solution, but it certainly did the
> trick.
>
> Rgds
>
> BC
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Windows Explorer
>> shortcut and select Pin To Start Menu. This will place the shortcut in a
>> handy location on the top/left section of the start menu.
>>
>> Go to this shortcut and right click, select Properties/Shortcut Tab.
>>
>> In the Target Line, copy/paste the following:
>>
>> %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,
>>
>> This will open Explorer with the drives showing and everything collapsed.
>>
>> In the Run line, click the drop down menu and select the size you want
>> when it opens.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Vista Advocate - Now" <[c_nulli@hotmail.com]> wrote in message
>>> How the devil do I get the window size I choose to stick? I've tried the
>>> shift button thingie and it's OK for a while, then explorer decides to
>>> do its own thing an resize the window again.
>>>
>>> Also - Is there a way to collapse what comes up under desktop in
>>> Explorer. All I want to see are the drives not the other rubbish.

BobEbz

Re: Windows Explorer Window Size

Open Windows Explorer Window, now place the window where you want to it
to open from now on, then resize the window to your desired size. Now
press & hold the left ALT key, use your mouse top click on the X in
Windows Explorer, (while holding down the left ALT key), to close the
window.

Let go of the ALT key & open Windows Explorer, the Window shopuld now
be of the size and in the place where you positioned it.

Windows Vista SP1

--
BobEbz