The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

fymjmheh

The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

<FONT size=6>I only have one profile then i made another profile
and when I turned on the Computer with Windows Vista,
it said "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User
Profile cannot be loaded"
I tried booting it using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and typed in
"REGEDIT" TO FIND THE ACCOUNT ... but i didn't found it in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WiNDOWS
NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

then i went to C:\Users
i didn't found file of the new profile
so i made another one
it has same problem !!

now i can't log on to any new profile

i neeeed help please

--
fymjmheh
Daniel F

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I have the EXACT same problem. Any help would be awesome.

--
Daniel F
Brink

Daniel F;818627 Wrote:
> I have the EXACT same problem. Any help would be awesome.

Hello Daniel and Fymjmheh,

This tutorial may be able to help you fix this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
dsbeck

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Same problem, resolved by doing a system restore. The problem appeared
immediately after an automatic update ran this morning. Is there a
known relationship between auto updates (windows) and this error?

--
dsbeck

cvrcak is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Daniel F;818627 Wrote:This tutorial may be able to help you fix this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums
Unfortunately the tutorial shows how to delete or rename an existing 'problem' profile, but does not offer a solution when there is no profile.
In my situation, a Vista computer is within a domain. Two users had accounts on this computer and are able to log in and use it. Another user, an existing user in the domain but one who never used this particular machine, tried to log in. Vista accepted the credentials and appeared to be creating an account (what I mean here is that it took few minutes for it to respond upon accepting the user credentials) and then showed the dreaded message as described above. Upon logging in with one of the existing accounts with admin privileges, tried to look both in System Properties - User Profiles as well as into the Registry under the mentioned key ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList ), and there is neither Profile not SID in the Registry for this new user. So - there is nothing to delete.

The server running Active Directory / DNS / DHCP etc. is accessible and everything else seem to be working while using one of the two existing accounts.

Even after a system restart, the machine still comes with the log-on screen offering a log on for this new user (e.g. showing the domain/new_username above the password field). Supplying the correct password again results in the dreaded message "The User Profile Service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded." Logging into an existing account again and opening registry editor again shows no SID for this user; system properties again show no Profile for this user.

Where is Vista storing the information about this user if it is not in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and not in System Properties . Advanced > User Profiles? It must be stored or cached somewhere, as it shows the user name on the log-on screen.

Suggestions and comments welcome... in the other words, please help. Thanks.

Last edited by cvrcak : 09-14-2008 at 18:35.
Anmber

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

i got this problem today did system restore. like dsbeck said this
problem came back again. i'm goin to back up all my data and reinstall
windows. grrrr... i hate it

--
Anmber
connie.yuen

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

I just got a new Dell desktop. As i was setting everything up, the
dialog box keeps reading the profile was not loaded correctly. Therefore
any changes made will not be saved. So what i did was created another
account. I could save my work on that account. But when i went online to
download firefox, i had a blue screen pop up stating "windows is going
to shut down to prevent data being damaged" and it restarted on its own.
When i logged on again it reads windows just recovered from an
unexpected shut down. How can i rectify this issue?

--
connie.yuen
Brink

connie.yuen;843573 Wrote:
> I just got a new Dell desktop. As i was setting everything up, the
> dialog box keeps reading the profile was not loaded correctly. Therefore
> any changes made will not be saved. So what i did was created another
> account. I could save my work on that account. But when i went online to
> download firefox, i had a blue screen pop up stating "windows is going
> to shut down to prevent data being damaged" and it restarted on its own.
> When i logged on again it reads windows just recovered from an
> unexpected shut down. How can i rectify this issue?

Hello Connie,

This tutorial may be able to help you fix this.

'The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be
loaded.'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html)

Since it is new and you are just setting everything up, you might
consider reinstalling Vista though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
connie.yuen

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Shawn,

I thought about reinstalling Vista again. But I am concern if i do that
and it doesn't work. I will not be able to return my desktop.

--
connie.yuen
Brink

Re: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded

Connie,

The error you got is usually associated with just a corrupted user
account. You should not have any problems with returning to the desktop
after a reinstall if you decide to do so. I would give the tutorial in
the link a try first to see if it can fix the error for you.