deleting file from desktop (*.exe)

=?Utf-8?B?SG93YXJkNzc=?=

deleting file from desktop (*.exe)
I moved a 3dmark06.exe file onto my desktop by mistake, now it will not let
me move it again or delete it. I have tried everything i know about vista
permission requirements. when i try to delete it the caution comes up
"destination folder access denied" I push continue and a window asks for my
permission again and it goes back to destination folder access denied again.
I have accessed the file and tried to update it to allow my access. it will
not allow me to do anything because it is a owned file by futuremark. This is
crazy! I keep remembering the apple commercial on how you need permission to
do everything in Vista. I need help.
dean-dean

Re: deleting file from desktop (*.exe)
You might be getting this denied because the file is in use (check Task
Manager and end the process 3dmark06.exe, if it's running).

"Howard77" <Howard77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I moved a 3dmark06.exe file onto my desktop by mistake, now it will not let
> me move it again or delete it. I have tried everything i know about vista
> permission requirements. when i try to delete it the caution comes up
> "destination folder access denied" I push continue and a window asks for
> my
> permission again and it goes back to destination folder access denied
> again.
> I have accessed the file and tried to update it to allow my access. it
> will
> not allow me to do anything because it is a owned file by futuremark. This
> is
> crazy! I keep remembering the apple commercial on how you need permission
> do everything in Vista. I need help.

Daniel Noll

Re: deleting file from desktop (*.exe)
"Howard77" <Howard77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I moved a 3dmark06.exe file onto my desktop by mistake, now it will not let
> me move it again or delete it. I have tried everything i know about vista
> permission requirements. when i try to delete it the caution comes up
> "destination folder access denied" I push continue and a window asks for
> my
> permission again and it goes back to destination folder access denied
> again.
> I have accessed the file and tried to update it to allow my access. it
> will
> not allow me to do anything because it is a owned file by futuremark. This
> is
> crazy! I keep remembering the apple commercial on how you need permission
> do everything in Vista. I need help.

I have this same issue on a folder which happens to be on my desktop. I've
checked all the permissions on the folder and I'm fairly certain it isn't
open by another process because it still happens if I reboot the machine,
and usually I get a different error if a file really is locked by another
process.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
Web: http://nuix.com/ Fax: +61 2 9212 6902