Show Folder Size in Windows Explorer

Puppy Breath

Re: Show Folder Size in Windows Explorer
Just point to the folder and the size should show up in a tooltip. If it
doesn't, click Organize, choose Folder and Search Options, click the View
tab, select "Display file size information in folder tips" and click OK.

"Valek Hawke" <ValekHawke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You know, I'm sure this question has probably been asked and answered
> elsewhere, but for some reason my search queries don't seem to be doing
> too
> well. The question I have is this: Is it possible to get Windows Explorer
> in
> Windows Vista Ultimate to show the total size of a folder in the Details
> view? It shows it for Compressed Folders (.zip) and individual files, why
> in
> God's name can't or won't it show a cumulative total for all of the
> individual files that are saved in a particular folder? I don't want to
> have
> to use any third-party software to do this. This is functionality that
> should
> have been a part of Windows since 3.1 IMHO.
> --
> UNTIL it blows up I think I can fix it. IF it blows up I didn''''''''t
> touch
> it!

=?Utf-8?B?VmFsZWsgSGF3a2U=?=

Re: Show Folder Size in Windows Explorer
Right, I understand that, however that's not what I am looking for. I want
the size column to display the size of all of the items in a folder as a
cumulative total. If I have 5 10MB files in a folder, I want to see 50MB in
the size column beside that folder. I don't want to have to hover my mouse
pointer over each folder to see what ones are the largest. Thank you so much
for your suggestion though Puppy Breath. I really appreciate it.