How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing

Jack B

How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
I have my Outlook.pst file in a folder under my username, and it's working
fine, and I know where to find it when I want to back it up, but today when
I click on that folder, the column headings are goofed up. Instead of
seeing the file date, type, and size, I am seeing Artists, Album, Genre, and
Rating!

Evidently Vista, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that this is a music
folder, or perhaps it just thinks I need a little more melody in my life.

Anyway, here I am again, dinking around with the OS, trying to solve a
stupid little problem, rather than doing useful work.

Can someone suggest the fix for this please?

Thanks,

Jack

Max

Re: How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
Right click a blank space in the folder, choose Customize This Folder,
choose "All Items" as the template from the drop down list.

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
"Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have my Outlook.pst file in a folder under my username, and it's working
>fine, and I know where to find it when I want to back it up, but today when
>I click on that folder, the column headings are goofed up. Instead of
>seeing the file date, type, and size, I am seeing Artists, Album, Genre,
>and Rating!
>
> Can someone suggest the fix for this please?

Jack B

Re: How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
Thanks - that worked. Just before I got your post I noticed that the
problem existed only when I looked at my username file under desktop, not
when I looked at it under the C drive. If I burrowed down the file from C:,
it appeared as it should.

"Max" <max@home.com> wrote in message
> Right click a blank space in the folder, choose Customize This Folder,
> choose "All Items" as the template from the drop down list.
>
> --
> Maxwell Bluemeanie
> ----
> "Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have my Outlook.pst file in a folder under my username, and it's working
>>fine, and I know where to find it when I want to back it up, but today
>>when I click on that folder, the column headings are goofed up. Instead
>>of seeing the file date, type, and size, I am seeing Artists, Album,
>>Genre, and Rating!
>>
>> Can someone suggest the fix for this please?

Max

Re: How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
Glad you got it sorted!

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie
----
> Thanks - that worked. Just before I got your post I noticed that the
> problem existed only when I looked at my username file under desktop, not
> when I looked at it under the C drive. If I burrowed down the file from
> C:, it appeared as it should.
>
> "Max" <max@home.com> wrote in message
>> Right click a blank space in the folder, choose Customize This Folder,
>> choose "All Items" as the template from the drop down list.
>>
>> --
>> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>> ----
>> "Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I have my Outlook.pst file in a folder under my username, and it's
>>>working fine, and I know where to find it when I want to back it up, but
>>>today when I click on that folder, the column headings are goofed up.
>>>Instead of seeing the file date, type, and size, I am seeing Artists,
>>>Album, Genre, and Rating!
>>>
>>> Can someone suggest the fix for this please?

Richard Urban

Re: How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
Yep. Vista, in it's infinite wisdom, gave you the option.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks - that worked. Just before I got your post I noticed that the
> problem existed only when I looked at my username file under desktop, not
> when I looked at it under the C drive. If I burrowed down the file from
> C:, it appeared as it should.
>
> "Max" <max@home.com> wrote in message
>> Right click a blank space in the folder, choose Customize This Folder,
>> choose "All Items" as the template from the drop down list.
>>
>> --
>> Maxwell Bluemeanie
>> ----
>> "Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I have my Outlook.pst file in a folder under my username, and it's
>>>working fine, and I know where to find it when I want to back it up, but
>>>today when I click on that folder, the column headings are goofed up.
>>>Instead of seeing the file date, type, and size, I am seeing Artists,
>>>Album, Genre, and Rating!
>>>
>>> Can someone suggest the fix for this please?

Jack B

Re: How do I Fix Yet Another Annoying Vista Thing
You're right - I feel so nice and cared for.