How to mount a DVD image file?

Lloyd Dupont

How to mount a DVD image file?
I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
Now I would like to use it!
Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?
Dale M. White -LV32

Re: How to mount a DVD image file?
Not sure if Vista offers native image mounting, but Porgrams like nero,
Daemon tools and Alcohol 120 offers image mounting support

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
> Now I would like to use it!
> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

Dustin Harper

Re: How to mount a DVD image file?
You can use Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% to mount it to a virtual drive.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
> Now I would like to use it!
> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

Rick Rogers

Re: How to mount a DVD image file?
Hi,

Not natively, but I believe Daemon tools will work.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
> Now I would like to use it!
> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

Re: How to mount a DVD image file?
And you didn't read the directions?
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
> Now I would like to use it!
> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

bomb#20

.. wrote:
> And you didn't read the directions?
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe
>
> "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>> I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
>> Now I would like to use it!
>> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

That program is for XP. It does not work for Vista.

..

Sascha Jazbec

virtual clone drive will do it
You can safely rename Microsofts img to iso, which is more common.

Then you can burn it to physical DVD or you can mount it with Virtual Image
Drive .

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Slysofts virtual clone drive is free, simple and it works with Vista, you
will have a new Drive Icon under "Computer". Just right click and tell it
what image to load. Works with CDs and DVDs. You even can install Vista or
Longhorn Server that way.

SJ / Germany

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
> Now I would like to use it!
> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

John Gallagher

Re: virtual clone drive will do it
I second Virtual Clone Drive. I use it regularly and to date it has had no
problems with Vista. Some of the others have been a bit flaky in the earlier
releases I have used (they may be fine now tho.)

John G.

"Sascha Jazbec" <barefoot_nrwREMOVE@MEgmx.net> wrote in message
news0A61BCA-5330-4CF6-ADE1-8D2BF01C9309@microsoft.com...
> You can safely rename Microsofts img to iso, which is more common.
>
> Then you can burn it to physical DVD or you can mount it with Virtual
> Image Drive .
>
> http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
>
> Slysofts virtual clone drive is free, simple and it works with Vista, you
> will have a new Drive Icon under "Computer". Just right click and tell it
> what image to load. Works with CDs and DVDs. You even can install Vista or
> Longhorn Server that way.
>
> SJ / Germany
>

> "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
>> Now I would like to use it!
>> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

Re: How to mount a DVD image file?
Works for me on vista.
"bomb#20" <here@darkstar> wrote in message
news:Pb2dnXodVPPJop_bnZ2dnUVZ8t2snZ2d@giganews.com ...
>. wrote:
>> And you didn't read the directions?
>> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe
>>
>> "Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
>>> I just downloaded the Windows Vista SDK, as .img DVD image file.
>>> Now I would like to use it!
>>> Is it possible to mount it without burning a DVD?

> That program is for XP. It does not work for Vista.
>
> .

bomb#20

.. wrote:
> Works for me on vista.

You're right!
I've just tried again and it works now ??
Oh well, I sit corrected!
:-)
..