Where are the programs that came with my computer

=?Utf-8?B?d29ibWVk?=

Where are the programs that came with my computer
Ok, I just upgraded from XP to vista. my question is where are the programs
that came with the computer. For instance my computer came with microsoft
works and quicken.

They are not listed in the programs menu. I went to old window file and
when I click on them I get a message that says to re-install. Well I can't
re-install if I don't have the program cd.

I understand that I will have to re-install my anti-virus and stuff like
that but I am looking for the programs that came with the computer.

Thanks
Malke

Re: Where are the programs that came with my computer
wobmed wrote:
> Ok, I just upgraded from XP to vista. my question is where are the programs
> that came with the computer. For instance my computer came with microsoft
> works and quicken.
>
> They are not listed in the programs menu. I went to old window file and
> when I click on them I get a message that says to re-install. Well I can't
> re-install if I don't have the program cd.
>
> I understand that I will have to re-install my anti-virus and stuff like
> that but I am looking for the programs that came with the computer.
>
> Thanks

Your computer mftr. should have given you CD's for preinstalled
programs. If they didn't - they are part of a restore image for example
- then obviously you can't reinstall them and will have to purchase the
programs. Check with the computer mftr.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IEhhbGU=?=

RE: Where are the programs that came with my computer
Am I supposed to get a cd of Vista when my kids bought me my new computer
last week. I can't imagine not having a Vista Program CD.
Robert Hale

"wobmed" wrote:

> Ok, I just upgraded from XP to vista. my question is where are the programs
> that came with the computer. For instance my computer came with microsoft
> works and quicken.
>
> They are not listed in the programs menu. I went to old window file and
> when I click on them I get a message that says to re-install. Well I can't
> re-install if I don't have the program cd.
>
> I understand that I will have to re-install my anti-virus and stuff like
> that but I am looking for the programs that came with the computer.
>
> Thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Where are the programs that came with my computer
Robert

You need to contact the vendor who sold you the system. In many cases they
will provide a DVD for a nominal charge.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP