Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

No previews for pictures?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2007
Per
 

Posts: n/a
No previews for pictures?
If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No matter
what I select it just show a standard icon for all images.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'

Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'


--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No
> matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all images.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Aleksey Tchekmarev
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
it's strange... but I've never seen any effects from changing this checkbox! 8-(

"Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>
> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all
>> images.

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Per
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
"Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> skrev i meddelelsen
news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>
> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>


Thanks that did the trick

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
You're welcome.


--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
news:%23t8W9rgaHHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>>
>> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>>

>
> Thanks that did the trick


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
Do you always see icons or always see thumbnails?

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Aleksey Tchekmarev" <atc7hekm7arev@ho7tma7il.co7m> wrote in message
news:%23wZFqMfaHHA.4616@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> it's strange... but I've never seen any effects from changing this
> checkbox! 8-(
>
> "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в
> новостях следующее: news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>>
>> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>>
>>
>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
>> news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No
>>> matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all images.

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2007
Aleksey Tchekmarev
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
I always see icons in any folder and with any size (view)! 8-(
maybe, I don't understand something...

"Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
news:O2t1a2kaHHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Do you always see icons or always see thumbnails?
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Aleksey Tchekmarev" <atc7hekm7arev@ho7tma7il.co7m> wrote in message news:%23wZFqMfaHHA.4616@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> it's strange... but I've never seen any effects from changing this checkbox! 8-(
>>
>> "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
>> news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>>>
>>> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Good Luck,
>>>
>>> Keith
>>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>>
>>> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all
>>>> images.
>>>

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
Have you installed any 3rd party image/photo software that may have altered
default thumbnail generation?

What version of Vista are you runnning? Home? Business? Ultimate?

If you enable the Preview Pane in Explorer, are images displayed there?


--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"Aleksey Tchekmarev" <atc7hekm7arev@ho7tma7il.co7m> wrote in message
news:%239LW8wwaHHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I always see icons in any folder and with any size (view)! 8-(
> maybe, I don't understand something...
>
> "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в
> новостях следующее: news:O2t1a2kaHHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Do you always see icons or always see thumbnails?
>>
>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "Aleksey Tchekmarev" <atc7hekm7arev@ho7tma7il.co7m> wrote in message
>> news:%23wZFqMfaHHA.4616@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> it's strange... but I've never seen any effects from changing this
>>> checkbox! 8-(
>>>
>>> "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> сообщил/сообщила в
>>> новостях следующее: news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>>>>
>>>> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Good Luck,
>>>>
>>>> Keith
>>>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>>>
>>>> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
>>>> news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No
>>>>> matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all images.
>>>>
>>>

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2007
Heather
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
I'm having that same problem, I have Home Premium. And I tried checking that
box, it didn't work. Any other ideas?

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
> news:%23t8W9rgaHHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > "Keith Miller MVP" <k.miller79@no.spam.verizon.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> > news:ubdpGqYaHHA.4856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
> >>
> >> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
> >>

> >
> > Thanks that did the trick

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
vehicular addiction
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No previews for pictures?
Thanks soooo much - been bugging me for a while!!

Amy

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> 'Folder Options' dialog -> 'View' tab -> under 'Adavanced settings:'
>
> Clear the checkbox for 'Always show icons, never thumbnails'
>
>
> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "Per" <no@tak.dk> wrote in message
> news:u4ZEtbVaHHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > If I chose large icons in a picture folder i get no live previews? No
> > matter what I select it just show a standard icon for all images.

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Window previews on the task bar Qu0ll microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-09-2007 16:06
Document previews microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-06-2007 15:49
About Windows Explorer and Previews =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBT?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-04-2007 18:11
Positioning Pictures does not work for My Pictures =?Utf-8?B?U3RqYi4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 02-19-2007 05:50
show windows previews =?Utf-8?B?SmF5IEdyaWZmaW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 01-25-2007 00:15




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120